should i rebatch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaggedrande

Reaction score
well i made a goats soap with honey and oatmeal, i know know that honey accelerates and bumps up heat so , i put it into the freezer for a little bit than i put into fridge for 24 hours, when i cut the soap it had gone through a gel stage in the middle but didnt reach the sides, so should i re-batch or is this just cosmetic??? i was planning on selling them. :(

Its just cosmetic, I wouldn't rebatch. I generally leave any batch that might heat up in the freezer overnight.

If you're trying to prevent gel you should leave it in the freezer/fridge for a full 24 hours. Many people have had the same thing happen removing it too early. Partial gel is just cosmetic. There was a recent thread about cpop a soap to induce a gel after saponification, and some wondered if it would correct a partial gel. You could look for that thread and give it a shot if its that important to you.

I don't have much luck with the refrigerator, so I pop the soaps I don't want to gel in the freezer for 24 hours. Your soap will be fine, as Obsidian stated, it is just cosmetic. Someone suggested in a past post, to use a soap stamp and stamp right in the middle of the cut soap. That way the partial gel looks like it is intended in the design.

Back