Seven kingdoms ale from WSP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a loaf of beer soap using this fo. I only used two-thirds the total percentage of the fo per oils. I just unmolded the soap loaf and it smells like Murphy's oil soap. I hope that disappears because it seems rather strong. I used a Guinness stout that had coffee undertones. The fo did not smell like that oob. Anyone else try that fo?

Hi, FO will morph sometimes. Going thru saponification. Hopefully for the better. Sometimes not. It may come out over time. May come out with use. Give it sometime.
Ex. Fresh Cut Roses(ng) smelled metallic to me oob. But WOW! After 4 weeks I have my Rose scent. Nice one 2!

Never give up. Never surrender!

Hi, FO will morph sometimes. Going thru saponification. Hopefully for the better. Sometimes not. It may come out over time. May come out with use. Give it sometime.
Ex. Fresh Cut Roses(ng) smelled metallic to me oob. But WOW! After 4 weeks I have my Rose scent. Nice one 2!

Never give up. Never surrender!
Thanks. I noticed today that it is starting to smell more like beer than a cleaning agent. My volcano fo smelled like Breck shampoo when I unmolded it, but smells nice now.

Latest posts

Back