Sell me on Day Star!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeoplum

Reaction score
Customer service?
Samples?
Shipping prices and speed?
Do they use plastic or glass?

Anything else I need to know?

(abbreviated because I'm typing on my mobile device)

i have loved nearly every scent i have bought from them. had good service and will continue to order from them very regularly. :)

-Excellent customer service and prompt delivery (she uses flat rate service).
-She mails FOs in plastic.
-RE: samples: If my memory serves me right, I don't recall recieving any free samples from her.

Like krissy, I've loved every FO I've recieved from them. My faves are:

Paradise
Blooming Violets
Milk Sugar Kisses
Buttermilk & Honey
Salty Sailor
Ahoy Matey
Good Lookin' Cowboy

I used to have more faves, but they were sadly discontinued (Ocean Blue, Mineral Water Spa, Under The Palm Trees, Lime Coconut) Heavy sigh. :(

IrishLass :)

IrishLass,

You are such a trooper to type your favorite list each time people ask about it. You may not feel like you do it that often. But since I've been reading through all of the "tell me your favorite fo" threads, I've seen your lists a lot. Thank you for never tiring of helping others!

P.S. It's your description of Milk Sugar Kisses that really piqued my interest. And my WSP Raspberry Lemonade was purchased because of your description once upon a time! (Same for Caribbean Coconut and Mango Sorbet). So I will probably check out some of your favorites from Day-Star!

zeo

i find her too expensive, so unless I cannot get it anywhere else... pass.

I too bought Milk Sugar Kisses because of Irish Lass's description. I am waiting to soap it. As with the other comments, good, fast service. Flat rate shipping and no "misses" with anything I have chosen. She does use plastic bottles and does not include free samples, at least with my order. I really like how she has notes on each fragrance listed. It is listed if they discolor, flash point, special CP notes, etc. She has some really expensive fragrances, I think one was $13.50 for 2oz. I have bought all $5.50 for 2oz scents.

She just had a great sale awhile ago and I stocked up on about 50 FO I think they were 2oz each I have loved every one of them and will continue to get them from her.

~Teri

I wasn't pleased with having to buy empty amber glass to transfer my 16 oz. purchases to, but otherwise I was happy with the purchase. Out of 14 FOs, I liked 13. About half of those either A or D or both, but that's not a bad ratio, considering. Her customer service was good, for the most part, and the shipping was both reasonable and fast. I would definitely purchase again, but like others have mentioned, my choices are very limited because of some of the pricing.

Back