Scratchy sea salt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"...I haven't yet tried a Soleseife - living in a German-speaking country I think that is a crying shame! ..."

Oh, my yes, Gent, you have some 'splaining to do! But as you have a STABMIXER, not a mere stick blender, you get enough brownie points to offset your neglect of soleseife. :mrgreen:

I am sort of confused as to how someone can claim "Himalayan Pink Sea Salt" on their salt. Have they not seen a map of the Himalayas in relation to the ocean?

Sorry for the temporary hijack. Return to your previous conversation!

Himalayan pink is salt from a ancient ocean. Its now in a huge land based area but it was indeed sea salt at one point in time.

There's actually a tour you can take of one of the big mines in Pakistan. A coworker grew up nearby and told me about going in with a train. Apparently people believe being in the mine has curative powers and people with illness visit to breathe in the air. There is even a mosque in the mine.

ETA: found it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khewra_Salt_Mine

Neat, other than my claustrophobia.

Last edited:
I have family members that pay money to go sit in a salt rooms at a spa in the area. They seem to like it.

Latest posts

Back