Salt Scrub Customer Problem

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I received an e-mail from a client about a jar of salt scrub she bought from me.

"I tried the Mango Sea Salt Scrub and it was very, very sticky. It made the tub sticky and my skin sticky. Is that the way it is supposed to feel?"

I told her it was not and offered to send her a new jar. But first I want to ensure it wasn't something in my recipe. I use pink salt, almond oil, phenonip and mango fragrance oil.

Any thoughts on why it would be sticky?

These may be stupid, obvious questions, but... Did you try it out yourself? If you did and it wasn't sticky, how long was it sitting around before you sent it? Have you tried your particular recipe after such a length of time, and did it change at all? Did you send it to a climate far different from your own? Has anyone else tried it - what did they think?

I don't make salt scrubs, so I can't comment at all on the recipe.

I think I would ask her if she has used salt scrubs from other companies and if so was he happy w/ them. This may be her 1st experience with a salt scrub & she may just not like the whole experience not realising that is how it is supposed to be. Sticky means different things to different people.

I would aslo wonder if she has a 6 year old boy in the house that was playing madd scientist w/ mommies things. My son makes mixes I find later... my shampoo bottle filled w/ cocoa powder... etc :? . My 11 y/o daughter uses my good products (and much like a child adding water to the whiskey bottle) will add other products into it so I can't tell it's been used. There is no telling what happened to that scrub after it left your hands.

Do you have any left over jars from that batch you can sampel/test?

is your scrub an emulsified one? her experiences may have been with something completely different.

Back