Rookie moves and a question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GORONK

Reaction score
Hello all. I am about 10 batches in and decided to beanch out to larger batches. This one was trouble from the start. 5% superfat Evoo, coconut, canola, 35,30,35% fragrance, 5 tsp powdered sugar for added bubbles?. 1st problem was ran out of oil after i batched the lye. Ran and got some, then my blender gave up the ghost before trace, had to finish by hand. Never really got a trace although it was batter like. Added fragrance mixed more. Poured into lined homemade column mold (pvc) must had a hole in liner because there was a puddle in a tray thankfully on the bottom. Took 48 hrs plus to unmold. Salvaged a bit in a loaf. Ive had some discoloration kind of pinkish. Is pinkish and a ring of sorts not sure where i took a left. Any advice or laughter is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200729_053728.jpg
    20200729_053728.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200729_053618.jpg
    20200729_053618.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 13
There is nothing wrong with that soap. Most likely your FO is a discoloring one and that is what made the darker skin.
I expect the rest of the soap will darken as it cures

Yum, smoked mozzarella soap! :)
It looks perfectly fine to me too. Things happen when soaping, so salvaging things is one of the most important skills...

Latest posts

Back