Reviews of Aussie Candle Supplies Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pops1

Reaction score
I just bought the new Patchouli fragrance from Aussie candle supplies and it is divine in lotion......reminds me very much of Aromatics yum yum
This is Lyn's posting so l am hoping she doesn't mind me using it for the first review.

Shalimar Type ,a dupe for one of Jacque Guerlain perfumes
Made melts and M & P with this oil.Its a floral with a touch of the incense , a lovely delicate smell one that doesn't grab you straightaway but gets you coming back for another smell. Turned the soap a creamy colour l used 1% and could have gone for 2% maybe l would have had to use vanilla stabilizer then.
Micheal Kors Type
Non event for me its so faint in the bottle l never soaped with it ,tried using it for melts but too subtle for them.
The description of the oil is
The exotic, glamorously fragrant scent of Tuberose meets rich and creamy floral essences and warm spices, tamed by Moroccan incense.
Sounds gorgeous maybe l just got a bad batch :?

Clean Linen - crisp fresh laundry smell in soap, melts & reed diffusers. No discoloration or acceleration noted.

Angel (Type) - lovely soft musky smell. Great as a perfume. Soaped for the first time last night, smells good so far with a slight discoloration. Will post on this one again later. No acceleration noted.

Coconut & lime - Fresh scent. Great in soap, melts & reed diffusers. No discoloration or acceleration noted.

Sandalwood & Vanilla - lovely soft warm smell. Great in soaps, melts & diffusers. Discolors to a light tan & does form ash, tho a spritz with rubbing alcohol seems to have fixed that. No acceleration.

Apple - Totally gorgeous! Soaps like a dream in CP - no a or d; sticks really well at 2%. Lovely in body butter too.

Garden Path - accelerates a bit in CP as does most florals. Don't discount your water if you are new to soaping. Lovely balanced floral.

Fab idea..........to date I have not soaped any of these fragrances so great to read reviews as to be able to buy here in Australia at these more reasonable prices is a real bonus.
Little black dress I have done in soy candles and the throw is great!!!!!!
I have more samples here to make up so now I am keen as mustard LOL

Ive had a couple of not so good ones from ACS which made me a little leery of ordering more so Im glad this threads here now-can check up on the good stuff :)

Didn't like their white tea & ginger,white musk,exotic woods,yuzu or nag champa. They all seemed to have a chemicalish something or other & instant wammo to the sinuses.Tho thats just oob,didn't soap them. And to be fair its the only nag champa fo Ive tried so I'm going on what the actual incense smells like.
I really like their coco lime tho, & pina colada,& the black raspberry is beautiful in candles but went quite almondy in cp.

Hey Gekko I also bought the WT&Ginger and WMusk and was really disappointed. Was just recently I decided to try some of the newer oils and have been pleasantly surprised. Still have blue musk, paris type, green tea and passion type to put into wax and have this week free YAY no work so will get into it. At the moment I am totally hooked on soaping have tried a few really nice fragrances this last week.

Aussie Candle supplies has a few new fragrnces......Perfume dupes. I am going to order a bigger bottle of the patchouli type to soap so may have to throw in a few samples including the charlie cause my mum used to wear that and even though I am all grown up I still miss her very much and thought of her the minute I saw that one :)
Anyone else that buys from them make candles as well?

I am sooooooooooo tired of keys that stick!!!! Every time I post I see missed letters...........Kids eating over the keybard Arrrgh!!!!!!!!
See there you go an o missing out of keyboard, hoping to get a good tax return so that we can buy a new puter this year.

A bit behind in soaping this darn heat we have been having in Victoria is taking its toll.
Anyway l have tried the Patchouli & Musk in M & P .When l first had a sniff l didn't think much of it its quite a light smell not what l was expecting but it is lovely in Goatsmilk base .I am not good at describing oils l don't have the nose for it but l will have a go ,its a soft musky eastern smell,not overpowering so if you are looking for a hit you in the face oil this isn't it.The official description is :-
"Amber, patchouli, sandalwood, and vetiver create the base for mid notes of geranium and violet, with light top notes of mandarin and lemon zest".
Can't say l can smell any citrus at all but then my nose isn't the best.Worth a try.I put Titanium Dioxide in just to be on the safe side so not sure if this will change the colour of soap..

Well I havent done anything yet.............full of a headcold and feelinging miserable at the moment. Did break the mold so to speak yesterday and make a soap without goatsmilk as really wanted a white soap......Unmolded this morning and quite pleased with the result as white with blue glitter and cornflower petals on top.
Going back to bed to read and do very little :) while kids are at school

Any more reviews from ACS? The prices seem quite reasonably cheap and would love to hear from you who had tried any since the last post...hoping they have improved the fragrances from over a year ago.

I live not far from them and go over quite regulary and smell the fragrances.

Lime Cooler - nice strong smell and is holding really well ATM in CP.
Hyacinth - very strong when first soaped but has mellowed to a nice fragrance.
Lilac - very strong at first, mellowed a little.
Almond- love this one but might have to put a little more in CP next time.
Sugar Cookie - melts - it smells great, haven't tried CP.
Mango/Papaya - yum just want to eat it. Great in CP and melts.
Choc/Fudge - divine
Lemon Chiffon- smells like lemon meringue - think I need to put more in next time.
Laespa - Pink Frangi Pani, don't think it smells like frangi but has a nice pleasant smell about it. Haven't found anything that really smells like a frangi. Seems to be holding OK in CP. Good in melts.

Most of the Laespa ones match well with the scents they are trying to match. They are dearer than all the others.

Relle.

I made a mango/papaya soap and put in fresh red papaya and it smells wonderful.

Was looking at their site. The prices seem very reasonable. I think they must be similair to the FO from escentials. I bet they'll be hit & miss. That doesn't bother me though. I doubt anyone is 100% happy with every single FO they buy.
Does anyone know what their prices are for freight? Will they post for small orders?

Back