Replacing Fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deda

Reaction score
OK, now that most of us have decided to wash our hands of WSP - no pun intended - we need to discover replacements.

These are the ones I'm going to be replacing:

Midsummernight's Dream
Ocean Rain
Vanilla Noir

anybody know of any good replacements?

What WSP fragrances were you dependent on? How will you be replacing them?

Nothings *wrong*, I'm just not going to depend on them anymore.

I really really dislike their business practices, especially the "FREE SHIPPING" - to Canada, but no discount to pickup customers.

I know there are several of us who've decided to Vote With Dollars and take our business elsewhere.

I believe Daystar has a Vanilla Noir (I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things about it)

I just went on their facebook page to try and see what was up and :shock:

jenn624 said:
I believe Daystar has a Vanilla Noir (I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things about it)

I like so many Daystar, they've got some really nice fragrances.

There are te scents I will be replaceing, if anyone knows of a dupe or a similar scent please post it here.

MUST relace:
*Vanilla Noir
*Mango Sorget
*Rose Lavender EO blend
*Blackberry Amber

Would LIKE to replace but can live without:
Lemon Lavender
Violet Bouquet
Santa's Pipe
Jack Frost
Lemon Meringue
Love Spell
Angel
Juniper Breeze
Raspberry Lemonade
Vanilla Bean Noel
Clean Laundry

I have replacement sources for everything else, containers, ingredients, etc, EXCEPT: black fishnet drawstring bags, soap bar size. Anyone have a source for those?

On the bright side: This is a AWESOME opportunity to give our lines a modern make-over. Some of these scents I have been using for 10 years, it will be kinda nice to freshen things up a bit.

I guess I need these (I'm ticked and sad now):

Twilight Woods - WSP's is PERFECT though :cry:
Coffee Mocha

...I think all the others I can get at Bramble Berry or elsewhere.

Twilight woods sounds nice. Hope you can find a replacement.

Tayloredconcepts.com dupes fragrances for free.

You just send Robert a vial & then purchase 1oz when it's ready. If you like it you can then purchase larger qtys.

He is working on 5 for me right now. I can't wait to see how they turn out. They are not WSP, theye were other assorted scents that have been discoed, but he is certainly an option!

AmyW said:
I guess I need these (I'm ticked and sad now):

Twilight Woods - WSP's is PERFECT though :cry:
Coffee Mocha

...I think all the others I can get at Bramble Berry or elsewhere.

We'll have to start doing co-ops for 16 oz fo's from WSP ... hahaha!

I stopped buying from them when the free shipping came into effect, it just doesn't seem fair. Now all of this other stuff, too... well, there are a lot of other places to buy from, apparently they don't know that :p

I had already stared moving most of my scent choices over to Natures Garden, Southern Garden & Daystar. This is the final kick in the teeth.

Tabitha said:
Twilight woods sounds nice. Hope you can find a replacement.

Tayloredconcepts.com dupes fragrances for free.

You just send Robert a vial & then purchase 1oz when it's ready. If you like it you can then purchase larger qtys.

He is working on 5 for me right now. I can't wait to see how they turn out. They are not WSP, theye were other assorted scents that have been discoed, but he is certainly an option!

That sounds fantastic! Let us know if you like the results. If I can't find a close twilight woods (wsp's is better than bath and body works, I love it so much!) I'll try Robert.

I need to replace Coconut Lime Verbena. I don't want to give them my business anymore, but if I can't find a good replacement, I will have to at least buy that from them.

I'm going to order some from BB. I've never placed an order with BrambleBerry before, I was *trying* to stay on the East Coast.

Any one want to offer a few recommendations?

Robert duped 2 scents for me about 6-7 years ago when another supplier went under, it was a lime/coconut & a chamomile tea. I liked them both.

Deda, I'm waiting for EO/FOs from BB (due monday) but I do have the BB OMH and adore it. It's got a nice almondy scent.

This is what I'm waiting on, I can post my opinion on any of them if anyone wants. I did get a couple samples from past orders, the Papaya Coconut makes me want to stick the bottle up my nose and keep it there LOL I really like that one. I also got Wake Up Rosemary blend, smells more like peppermint (real mint not candy) with a bit of rosemary in there.

* 1 of: Vanilla Bean Fragrance Oil
* 1 of: Pumpkin Lager Fragrance Oil
* 1 of: 10x Orange Essential Oil
* 1 of: Papaya Coconut Fragrance Oil
* 1 of: Island Coconut Fragrance Oil
* 1 of: Oatmeal Stout Fragrance Oil
* 1 of: Cold Water Fragrance Oil
* 1 of: Drakkar Type Fragrance

NGC has:
Jack Frost
Loving Spell (lovespell type)
Angel