Renaming after 21 years.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In scrolling through websites for handmade soap I came across Alpine Provisions.
I love the simplicity of that website. Very professional presentation with well-written copy that is to the point without a lot of "yada yada". I'm all for getting in, choosing what I want without having to spend a lotta time finding IF there's anything I want and then checking out quickly with minimal decision making.
ā­ā­ā­ā­ (only 4 out of 5 stars because it's just for selling soap,)

Speaking of which, this dude knows how to market a product... over 588,000 bars sold! WOW! Key selling points, based on my experience:

Only 3 fragrances. The more choices the longer it takes to choose.
12-Bar Bundles - I've found this to be the ideal number for a year's worth of soap!
2 & 3-Bar Bundle - Perfect when 1 isn't enough and 12 is too expensive.
Single Bars of each fragrance - ideal for trying each fragrance before buying more.

Hello and thanks to each of you for your contributions to this endeavor.
I have, just today, contracted with a very local professional to create my logo and re-skin my website. Packaging may get a hard look, but we all know packaging is at an all-time high for inventory issues.
Thanks again, Carol

ā­ā­ā­ā­ (only 4 out of 5 stars because it's just for selling soap,)
Alpine Provisions sells other personal care products and highlights plastic free packaging. They are just up the road from you, @Zany_in_CO, in Boulder. I love the owl graphic without the horns! (Looks a lot like @ResolvableOwlā€™s avatar, doesnā€™t it?) it could also be a falcon, but could easily be an owl, too.

Looking at your alligator cream @scentseeker, is it more accurate to say that it is anti-alligator, referring to the skin texture we get when it needs moisturizing? Thatā€™s what I thought of when I first saw the name. Cute!
I tell customers it's good enough for an Alligator.

Alpine Provisions sells other personal care products and highlights plastic free packaging.
I noticed that. Seems to be a trend now. Here's another one along the same lines -- "sustainable and plastic free" I LUV the simplicity of their website. Good layout and design. Looks so professional. Makes me want to buy something! Anything!!! LOL All pertinent info readily available and easy to read. Just enough inventory to have a choice without having to slog through a lot of extraneous yada yada.

The Earthling Co

Thanks. Can't get anyone to take on the task so I'll probably have to stick.
Have you tried looking on Fiverr.com? You can usually find folks who will do it at a reasonable price. Just make sure to read the ratings to make sure they are legit (not the same three people giving multiple 5-star ratings).

Have you tried looking on Fiverr.com? You can usually find folks who will do it at a reasonable price. Just make sure to read the ratings to make sure they are legit (not the same three people giving multiple 5-star ratings).
Thanks for the suggestion. I had been hoping to stay local, as I do promote the concept. So many in this group have suggested I stick with what I have that I might just do that. Still on the fence. Really want a softer image.

Rebranding is tough! 21 years is a long time to put into a product and there is now a lot of "good-will" associated with that name. If you change names entirely you may confuse a lot of people. And people don't like to be confused. I am currently going through the same issue so I feel for you.

Rebranding is tough! 21 years is a long time to put into a product and there is now a lot of "good-will" associated with that name. If you change names entirely you may confuse a lot of people. And people don't like to be confused. I am currently going through the same issue so I feel for you.
Not changing. New logo and website refresh in the works.
Good luck with your endeavors.

Back