Red Colorant for CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the tomato red, I use the liquid and and the darker red is red vibrance
TKB Tomato Red - Does this tend to bleed over time or will it leave a crisp red swirl? I've used non-bleeding colorants from BB and they do bleed. thanks!

These are some great options! Thanks for sharing them! I've also heard Nurture now has a true red. Also have seen some soapers add FD&C lake dyes. Love the pics!

Here's Red Raspberry mica by Nurture Soaps

IMG_0275_zpsie2rlc0f.jpg

Tomato red from tkb does not bleed one bit. I still have a piece of red and green soap from 18 months ago and the red swirl is still as crisp as when it was made. The swirl is against white and it's still razer sharp with no feathering at all.

My go-to red for swirling that I've been using awhile is TKB's Tomato Red liquid colorant mixed with TKB's Colorana Bordeaux powdered mica.

For this batch pictured below (which is typical of how I use this red mixture), I added 5 drops of the Tomato Red colorant to 1 dash (1/8 tsp) + 1 pinch (1/16 tsp.) of the Colorana Bordeax, mixed with 1/2 tsp. glycerin to smooth out/disperse, then I stick-blended the mixture into 2/3 cup of my soap batter. For what it's worth, it happily does not fade or bleed, or give me colored suds. Yay!):

IMG_1454SantasPipeStabilizer800.JPG

IrishLass :)

I used Nurture's red raspberry mica for a pencil line in a white soap (peppermint for Christmas) and it was an acceptable red....lots of people liked it. However my last bar shows that it did bleed over time.

I used Nurture's red raspberry mica for a pencil line in a white soap (peppermint for Christmas) and it was an acceptable red....lots of people liked it. However my last bar shows that it did bleed over time.

GAWH!!! Please tell me you were kidding and it doesn't bleed :( Nuts...I thought I found a good one :(

GAWH!!! Please tell me you were kidding and it doesn't bleed :( Nuts...I thought I found a good one :(

Luv, don't panic yet! It was a mica pencil line in a white soap....and its possible that makes it more vulnerable to bleeding.

I just remembered I have some 2 bars left that I made with 8 Nurture colors and red raspberry is one of them. The bars are 6 weeks old, and so far no bleeding.

May I ask if you're located near central Illinois? I grew up there; Abe Lincoln was my hero and I loved visiting New Salem!

Luv, don't panic yet! It was a mica pencil line in a white soap....and its possible that makes it more vulnerable to bleeding.

I just remembered I have some 2 bars left that I made with 8 Nurture colors and red raspberry is one of them. The bars are 6 weeks old, and so far no bleeding.

May I ask if you're located near central Illinois? I grew up there; Abe Lincoln was my hero and I loved visiting New Salem!

I'm closer to the Wisconsin border - about 45 miles west of Chicago. Last night we just missed getting hit by a HUGE tornado by about 5 miles. FEELING BLESSED TODAY.

I'm closer to the Wisconsin border - about 45 miles west of Chicago. Last night we just missed getting hit by a HUGE tornado by about 5 miles. FEELING BLESSED TODAY.

Yeah I saw the news about that storm system!! You never know where those
tornadoes are going to drop. So glad you and your family are okay!

Latest posts

Back