Recommended stick blender watts and rpm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjacrane

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the recommended stick blender wattage or rpm is for soap making? I have been deciding between two models of the same brand; one that is 200 W with 2 settings (12,000 rpm or 17,000 rpm), and another which is 350 W with 2 settings (18,000 or 23,000). Some might say it doesn't matter and I'm looking too much into it, but maybe it does help to understand this and that it is a factor in soap quality, trace and the problem with the formation of bubbles. Thankyou for your advice.

200 watts is just fine. That's what mine are and I don't have problems with air bubbles. Depends on your soap recipe and your technique. You want a heavy duty one if you are going to be using it for long periods of time (high olive oil for example), or cheap ones that you don't mind replacing.

Mine is 200 watts with 2 speeds and serves me well. I never get any air bubble problems with it unless I get lazy/sloppy in my technique.

IrishLass :)

Back