Random Picture thread (non-soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mother found this while going through some of the old family papers last week-- my great-grandparents' wedding announcement from about 1913!
download_20190613_134047~2.jpeg

@Artemis I agree with earlene... fascinating... I mean, "the young couple are popular members of the younger set" just tickles my fancy all getout! Thank you so much for sharing!

To read the way a wedding was reported in 1913 as compared to how it is reported now is really very interesting, don't you agree?

I agree with earlene... fascinating... I mean, "the young couple are popular members of the younger set" just tickles my fancy all getout! Thank you so much for sharing!

We don't have a corresponding photo, but we googled "blue messaline gown from 1913” and got a pretty good idea of what her dress might have looked like. The pictures I found online were from mail order catalogues, but I wouldn't be surprised if she made it herself-- she could make anything.

I took a few pictures around the yard yesterday and today. First one is my luffa plant. If all the buds turn into luffas, I'm going to have a LOT of luffas. Second was some wildlife we noticed outside our back door this morning. And, since no one is using the garden this year, the landlord let the sunflowers go crazy. There's a large (and tall) patch of them. He left an open circle in the center of the patch and standing inside it during the day is an amazing sensation. There's a hum of bees, and birds chirping. As a matter of fact, can you find the bird in the last picture?
20190715_143029.jpg 20190720_114050.jpg 20190720_154620.jpg 20190720_154643.jpg 20190720_154840.jpg

Boy does that bird blend nicely with the stems. Lovely sunflower plants!

We are in Hawaii, so the photo ops abound! Here are a few:

Sea Turtle returning to the water after a brief sojourn on the sand where some joker decided a turtle would make a nice cairn, ignoring the signs to remain at least 30 feet away from all sea turtles. The rocks fell off with the first wave.

Sea Turtle on Black Sand Beach 20190719_141450.jpg

A long shot of Panalu'u Black Sand Beach

Black Sand Beach 2019July19_140821a.jpg

This Lagoon sits behind the Black Sand Beach (to the left of the above photographed spot.)
Lagoon behind Black Sand Beach 20190July19_142512.jpg

Close-up of the Water Lilies. I cannot resist water lillies.

Water Lilies 2019July19_142634.jpg

Latest posts

Back