Random Picture thread (non-soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cousin sent me this lol
I hope it makes someone happy today
_20190308_013350.JPG

I just spit water laughing. HE still looks so cute lol
Lol score Dustin! One more happy person for the day!
All he needs is a grass skirt to make him look really tropical
Lol I doubt he'll let them put that on. Apparently it took a lot of coaxing and he kept pulling the top down, probably not used to wearing one so short lol

Nother random pic..
_20190328_154006.JPG

Here is the shack we lived in when I was a small child BEFORE my dad fixed it up and made it habitable. My mom, dad, and 2 or 3 of my brothers lived here up until I was in First Grade. This photo is circa 1952. I'd have to go back into the actual tin of negatives to get the exact year my dad took this snap, but I'm pretty sure I was about 3 when we moved in, so probably 1952, but maybe 1951, because I always thought we lived there for 4 years and I know I wasn't 7 when we left. When we first moved here, two of my brothers were not yet born. The second brother was a baby in this place, but I suspect the third was born after we moved out of the forest. Again, I'd have to refresh my memory via my dad's photos for the exact timeline, or maybe my mom's book on our genealogy would have that information. Anyway here it is. My first brother and I always marvel at how far we've come when we see this photo. Although the later brothers have no recollection of this as some were not born and their first memories are living in the suburbs and not a Redwood Forest.

Golding Family home on Pigeon Point ca.1952.JPG

Here is the shack we lived in when I was a small child BEFORE my dad fixed it up and made it habitable. My mom, dad, and 2 or 3 of my brothers lived here up until I was in First Grade. This photo is circa 1952. I'd have to go back into the actual tin of negatives to get the exact year my dad took this snap, but I'm pretty sure I was about 3 when we moved in, so probably 1952, but maybe 1951, because I always thought we lived there for 4 years and I know I wasn't 7 when we left. When we first moved here, two of my brothers were not yet born. The second brother was a baby in this place, but I suspect the third was born after we moved out of the forest. Again, I'd have to refresh my memory via my dad's photos for the exact timeline, or maybe my mom's book on our genealogy would have that information. Anyway here it is. My first brother and I always marvel at how far we've come when we see this photo. Although the later brothers have no recollection of this as some were not born and their first memories are living in the suburbs and not a Redwood Forest.

View attachment 37862
Love reading "regular" people's "histories" more than famous people's ones. It's so nice you have old pics and negatives. I've experienced living in shacks short term, some even bad ones, but I totally get your point about looking back n seeing how far you've come.

Anyway, I'm rambling lol but I love the photo and all it represents :)

@earlene I appreciate your sharing that cabin picture and speaking of it so matter-of-factly. We are blessed with so much comfort and ease that we come to expect it. We actually CAN live without every modern convenience, and often become stronger and more resilient and creative as a result.

What she said!!!!

This is us at Crystal Lake (?) in Iowa, circa 1950: Daddy, Mommy, Cissy, Timmy, Corky -- I'm the cutie front left -- snazzy swimsuit, yes? My brother, in the middle, had polio at age 12. He's now a doctor of infectious disease. The squirt on the end, my sister, had open-heart surgery at age 9 to correct an enlarged heart, cutting-edge surgery at that time. Our church had two collections every Sunday -- the regular one, and one to raise money for my sister's surgery. That's how we did "Go Fund Me" back in the day...
upload_2019-3-29_16-29-48.png

Latest posts

Back