Random hints and tips

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuckoo Bananas

Reaction score
This is a thread for very random hints and tips ......

1. Wear sunnies when driving in the rain - you can actually see better.

2. Natural cold sore remedy - Use your own ear wax. As soon as you feel the tingle rub your clean finger in your ear until it feels a little waxy and then apply to your cold sore spot, (don't let anyone see you though lol) and do it as often as you remember to do it and your cold sore won't come up, or of already up it goes away almost overnight. Tried and tested definitely worked for me!

Only Aussies will be able to do this but, to help ulcers in your mouth dab a bit of vegemite on. It will sting like the bejeezous but it will help to clear them quickly. Advice was given by someone who had a lot of uclers from cancer treatment, I have done it and definitely helps.

Ok, here comes a silly American question lol. What r sunnies? My first guess is sunglasses...

Healinya said:
Ok, here comes a silly American question lol. What r sunnies? My first guess is sunglasses...

Yes, sunglasses. We have a habit of doing that. Biscuits are biccies. Underwear are undies and so on. :D

Bubbles Galore said:
Healinya said:

Yes, sunglasses. We have a habit of doing that. Biscuits are biccies. Underwear are undies and so on. :D

And chooks are chickens :D I had to add that in cause I confused alot of Americans on a goat forum once lol.

I heard about using vegemite once but it was on cold sores, never worked, I kept licking the stuff off lol :lol:

Here's an old southern one. Place a scoopful of grits on an anthill. The ants will die within a few days. No more ant hill.

Crafty Rose said:
Only Aussies will be able to do this but, to help ulcers in your mouth dab a bit of vegemite on. It will sting like the bejeezous but it will help to clear them quickly. Advice was given by someone who had a lot of uclers from cancer treatment, I have done it and definitely helps.
or eat a lot of vegemite on toast :) .

Fyrja said:
Here's an old southern one. Place a scoopful of grits on an anthill. The ants will die within a few days. No more ant hill.
What are grits ? no grits in Australia - I don't think :? , but plenty of chooks :) .he he

Grits r a southen food... I'm too chook to try them, looks like a mix between cream corn, rice, and mashed potatoes...

But, if u don't know what a grit is, then that means u have never had the privilege of watching one of the funniest movies of all time.... My Cousin Vinny (Joe pesci, marissa tomei, Ralph machhio)....

Canadian version of grits: pour maple syrup on them! Yum!

Another remedy for canker sores in the mouth would be to swish with warm salt water two times a day. Works for me.

Grits are a cereal made of roughly ground dried corn. They puff up in hot water, and are absolutely delicious.

Italians have a version too, they call it polenta.

Healinya said:
Grits r a southen food... I'm too chook to try them, looks like a mix between cream corn, rice, and mashed potatoes...

But, if u don't know what a grit is, then that means u have never had the privilege of watching one of the funniest movies of all time.... My Cousin Vinny (Joe pesci, marissa tomei, Ralph machhio)....

Healinya: This term gave me a good chuckle. I think i'll use this on DH next time he want's me to do something. I'll say..."No hon, i'm too chook to try it" it'll be worth it to see the look of confusion on his face :lol:

Im laughing at the aussie slang ....we have wally's too lol they are twits ....I had a Japanese student once and i told her to go and jump in the shower ....lol ....total confusion lol

I can see this thread degenerating into one more about Aussie slang. Don't forget DAG. What is a dag? A dag is a piece of poo that hangs from a sheep's bum or an affectionate term for someone we like, who is a bit of a character. See the connection? No, neither do I but if we should ever call you a dag, you can be sure that we like you a lot. :lol:

Fyrja said:
Grits are a cereal made of roughly ground dried corn. They puff up in hot water, and are absolutely delicious.

Italians have a version too, they call it polenta.

I always wondered what polenta was...

Bubbles Galore said:
I can see this thread degenerating into one more about Aussie slang. Don't forget DAG. What is a dag? A dag is a piece of poo that hangs from a sheep's bum or an affectionate term for someone we like, who is a bit of a character. See the connection? No, neither do I but if we should ever call you a dag, you can be sure that we like you a lot. :lol:

BG: I remember as a child growing up my mother would always be saying "Hurry up, rattle ya dags" ROFL oh my goodness, that was such a feral thing to say when I look back on it haha.

Crafty Rose said:
... and Kiwi's ... my parents taught us this as children in New Zealand ... we grewup eating vegemite ... like most Kiwi Kids do!

Love slang!

Grits= polenta. I though polenta as cornmeal/used for corn bread?

I once read that only in Australia is someone you don't like "A bit of a bastard" and your best mate "A complete bastard" and it is true.

And to people not from Australia, yes we do use the bastard a bit more freely than everywhere else in the world.

Latest posts

Back