Question about Packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coa

Reaction score
I am working on my packaging and I am having issues with defining the best soap size and boxing. I am thinking 3 inch width, 4 inch length, and 1 inch depth. does this sound ok? My goal is a 4.5 to a 5 oz bar?

I need to start designing my packaging and need to figure out a standard size. For my packaging I will make a cardboard sleeve that the soap slides into. I will have my brand name and logo on top, on one of the sides I will list ingredients.

If you're doing MP, I think it has to be sealed in plastic wrap or cellophane to prevent it from drying out. To find the size I needed for my cigar band style lables, I measured the actual soap bar & added a 1/4 inch for overlapping. Maybe you could try something similar to find out what size package you need. Hope that helped!

I found that when using cigar bands...after time...there is shrinkage...then the bands become loose. I wrap mine in cellophane and use return address lables with ingrediants on them...then wrap them in ribbons and/or organza bags.

Sanctuary

My hint is do not use PVC plastic, but Stretch plastic film. It conserves much more the soap.

Well, guess i got lazy, so now I package them in clamshells. That way people can see them completely, can smell them by opening the lid, and don't have to put their fingers all over the soap :)

Latest posts

Back