Pureed Cucumber

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftykelly

Reaction score
Just interested to know if YOU use the whole thing skin and all or just the pulp/flesh. I made a lovely one using the flesh only but would love to use the skin for the extra colour.

I used the whole thing. Skin, flesh, seeds and all. Pretty jade green... Good luck!

Oh yes, cucumber soap is amazing! Use the whole thing just puree t real good.

I made some yesterday and used the whole thing. It gave it good color and smells wonderful!! I used the liquefy button on my blender :)

I made some yesterday and used the whole thing. It gave it good color and smells wonderful!! I used the liquefy button on my blender Smile

Pictures, pictures!

I've been wanting to make cucumber soap....

when do you add the cucumber? Is there a recipe out on the net I can look at?
Thanks

Here is the recipe that I made up two weeks ago. http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8798&highlight=cucumber
I heard that if you add the cuke to the lye it will turn brown. I didn't really want brown so I went ahead and mixed the lye with water (just 50% of the total liquid) and used the rest of the liquid (the cuke puree) at trace. Seemed to work alright for me. It came out pretty nice and has a fun lather. You can use any recipe you like and just put the cuke in at trace like I did. Have fun![/url]

i use the whole thing, puree it and i freeze mine in ice cube trays.

when frozen i weigh out what i need for the liquid amount, and mix it with the lye and stir it well till all the cubes melt. since it is so cold it keeps the cucumber from burning.

that nice green pea soup color will fade out over time and have a yellow tinge to it. soi give it a little boost with some green oxide to keep the green.

Back