Pure Genius?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LomondSoap

Reaction score
This is what I've been up to today. A Guinness soap, unfragranced, with some honey added and a touch of cocoa to darken the colour.
It doesn't smell too good just now in the mould, but hopefully on the cure the hops smell will come through.

I "painted" the "G" on the top with a squirty sauce bottle

I love that!!!! What a cool idea with the G.. I bought some icing bags to try some decorations - haven`t got there yet....

Erm...just wanted to point out that "Pure Genius" was a TVad, incase I was considered to be bragging :wink:
For obvious reasons I can't call it Guinness, I'd have trading standards on my back :roll:

Personally I think pure genius was right the first time.....
bow.gif

Still looks good....it will be interesting to see how it cures out. Perhaps a little more cocoa in the mix another time? I have only used cocoa with other browning agents so am not sure how much you will need to maintain that rich golden brown you had at the start.

Tanya :)

Cheers for the Leprechauns Mary :lol:
I've also been told that black treacle, vanilla, rhassoul & henna might help darken it. Noted for next batch.

Back