Products other than EOs FOs.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunset2burst

Reaction score
Very odd and dumb question. Is it really frowned upon to use non EO FO products in your soap? I got a tester cologne bottle like.....0.5 oz thats just sitting here. Can that be used to to fragrance a soap? Also beauty oils and stuff, if the ingredients look alright can those be added to soaps? Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil, Spring Valley Vitamin E Oil, etc.

OR should I stick with simple and pure ingredients?
I like doing things the right way! But I'm all for playing around and seeing what I come up with and how they will work. Trial and error right?

Advice, comments, opinions please!
Thanks guys!

sunset2burst said:
Very odd and dumb question. Is it really frowned upon to use non EO FO products in your soap? I got a tester cologne bottle like.....0.5 oz thats just sitting here. Can that be used to to fragrance a soap? Also beauty oils and stuff, if the ingredients look alright can those be added to soaps? Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil, Spring Valley Vitamin E Oil, etc.

OR should I stick with simple and pure ingredients?
I like doing things the right way! But I'm all for playing around and seeing what I come up with and how they will work. Trial and error right?

Advice, comments, opinions please!
Thanks guys!

Well, the issue with using perfumes and colognes in soaps is that the alcohol evaporates out with the heat of the process, leaving little to no scent anyway. There's lot of FO's that mimic popular perfumes and whatnot, I'd go with one of them.

Not to mention, cologne will probably cause your soap to seize.
Just wondering have you tried out the Search feature on our lovely forum? It's quite fantastic.

Back