Pretty in Pink - lavender soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great ideas

and thanks for sharing! doing the bottom at a thick trace, scooping out valleys and then pouring the second layer at a thin trace to fill in.....fabulous!!

so, how did you get the pink spots in the white part? it is SO cool.

honor, I had made a batch of straight pink lavender soap a few days before, and I shredded some of it up with a carrot peeler and tossed the bits into the soap mix for the top layer.

x

:shock: WOW!!! :shock:

how did i miss this post?

absoloutely terrific, way cool and over the top! i've got to try one of these "landscapes" when i get home!

monet

Okay this is me jumping up and down in huge excitement - I got one of these soaps from Surf Girl today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the most amazing smelling, looking and feeling soap! I am totally in awe of it and in love with it too!

Thanks again Surf Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo

Okay I am terribly jealous right now Lindy . :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Just kidding , good for you . Are you going to use it or is it to pretty to use. I think I would just frame it .It really is beautiful soap.

Kitn

Lindy, you are absolutely too kind.

I too got some goodies from Lindy! Not only some GORGEOUS curled confetti soap, but also her mocha cream soap and a soap sack and some lip balm. I TOTALLY ended up with the long stick on this encounter!

:lol: Let's jsut call it even and a mutual admiration society.... :lol:

Kitn - I'm going to use it a couple of times at least but I expect it will end up in my soap "Display"....as one of those just way too pretty to use, too pretty to hide so displayed where I can sniff it as I want.... :p

surf girl said:
:D Thanks guys! If I ever have self-esteem issues, I will come here because you folks always make me feel great!

Here's the dirt.

I've been fooling around with colour (I've got a colour experiment underway, and I'll post once I've got a nice collection of photos). The pink colour is from yellow dock root; it's got such big flecks because I didn't have a fine coffee grinder (well, not one that mr surf girl would ever forgive me for using) and my chopper thingy left some relatively big particles (I did put it through a fine seive and a pair of pantyhose).

The black line is cocoa powder, sifted (again. through pantyhose) lightly onto the first layer. The irregular layer is created by pouring the first layer at thick trace, and letting the it set to a pretty thick, porridge-like consistency, and then scooping out hills and valleys with a spoon. The second layer was poured at a thinner trace so that it easily filled the irregarities of the first layer.

Cool, huh?

Very cool and now that I've seen the results of Yellow Dock Root I so have to get some!!! Please tell me where to find - pretty, pretty please (this is me doing my begging thingie)

Thank you Surf Girl... :D

I just got mine from the local health food store. Can't remember the price... didn't seem very spendy, though. Dang! It's right there in Port Place Mall, Lindy. I could've sent you toddling down there yesterday.

Surf Girl that is way funny! I'll look around town here we have a couple of health food stores plus a natural food market....

Latest posts

Back