Practicing swirls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loran

Reaction score
Here are some of my favorite soaps I’ve been making. I’m sure all of you can tell how I poured, nothing fancy, just trying to get down the different trace, and pours and color experimentation. The blue and white one(sky soap) is my favorite actually, I only put .1 oz of clove EO and it seized up! But instead of trashing it like I did my cinnamon bark a couple months back I just smooshed all of it into the mold and was very happy with it! One of these days i hope to try a real pour technique like one of the monthly challenges. Happy soaping!!
437ADE31-0F3F-4F0B-83C7-505BCDABEE85.jpeg

Great job on all the swirls! I especially love the blue sky with the clouds. 🤩

Even a few drops of clove EO, nutmeg EO, or cinnamon EO (bark or leaf) will definitely accelerate your trace, and more than that will seize it for sure. Basil and bay leaf EOs can also do so, but usually to a lesser extent due to lower percentages of eugenol. That's the common substance in all of those EOs that accelerates trace.

Very nice job on all of them! Lol...I spent this week watching you tube videos on the various swirl techniques. I put a cheat sheet together for trace requirements and brief description of various swirl techniques.

Is the purple one the one pot wonder technique?

oooooo that sky one is so pretty!! I hate when I can't duplicate a mistake for an accidentally pretty design LOL. They are all really pretty though. Good job on the hanger swirl too. I can't do a hanger swirl to save my life. Wish I could, but don't want to ruin yet another soap by experimenting with a hanger tool.

Very nice job on all of them! Lol...I spent this week watching you tube videos on the various swirl techniques. I put a cheat sheet together for trace requirements and brief description of various swirl techniques.

Is the purple one the one pot wonder technique?
One pot wonder technique? Lol I don’t even know what that is! I literally don’t know any of the different techniques other then tall skinny shimmy. I just tilted the mold and alternated colors with a really runny trace. I need to look up that technique you mentioned!

Great job on all the swirls! I especially love the blue sky with the clouds. 🤩

Even a few drops of clove EO, nutmeg EO, or cinnamon EO (bark or leaf) will definitely accelerate your trace, and more than that will seize it for sure. Basil and bay leaf EOs can also do so, but usually to a lesser extent due to lower percentages of eugenol. That's the common substance in all of those EOs that accelerates trace.
Eugenol? Hmmmm. I don’t think that’s written on any of the EO bottles?? Oh dear so there’s a few EOs that accelerate... yikes!!!!

oooooo that sky one is so pretty!! I hate when I can't duplicate a mistake for an accidentally pretty design LOL. They are all really pretty though. Good job on the hanger swirl too. I can't do a hanger swirl to save my life. Wish I could, but don't want to ruin yet another soap by experimenting with a hanger tool.
Right?! I don’t see how mistakes can be duplicated either. Just got to enjoy them while ya have them I reckon. Hanger swirl?? What’s that? I didn’t use any tools on them, other then a skewer stick on the puke green one to poke it some lol

Wowza, all of them are great, especially the sky and the bottom right. Still trying to figure out how you did bottom left.
The bottom left one I tilted mold and alternated pours to half way, then rolled mold to other side and did the same thing. Inspired by y’all skinny shimmy because that’s the only pour technique video I’ve watched so far lol. Ya I need to get with the program and learn more of these professional pours.

Eugenol? Hmmmm. I don’t think that’s written on any of the EO bottles?? Oh dear so there’s a few EOs that accelerate... yikes!!!!
Eugenol is one of the components that make up those particular EOs, just like different fatty acids are constituents of various soaping oils. So it's not really a separate ingredient, just a substance that is part of its makeup. Does that make sense? :)

Right?! I don’t see how mistakes can be duplicated either. Just got to enjoy them while ya have them I reckon. Hanger swirl?? What’s that? I didn’t use any tools on them, other then a skewer stick on the puke green one to poke it some lol
Its literally like a wire hanger that you put into the batch to do fancy swirls. i bought mine from Amazon for like $12, but I know that people here have a lot of really good ideas for homemade ones if you do a search.

My favourite is the bottom left one. I think it's brilliant :)
Oh crap you too?? I’ve gotten compliments from the best of the best on this site already and now you come along! I’ve taken many notes from you Dawni. Plus your like from Europe so I love reading your messages in an English accent in my brain it’s so fun! Thank you for the encouraging words, and of course that goes for all of you I could t have made it this far without the great people here😊😊 damnit now I’m getting emotional

Oh crap you too?? I’ve gotten compliments from the best of the best on this site already and now you come along! I’ve taken many notes from you Dawni. Plus your like from Europe so I love reading your messages in an English accent in my brain it’s so fun! Thank you for the encouraging words, and of course that goes for all of you I could t have made it this far without the great people here😊😊 damnit now I’m getting emotional
Lol I think you got me confused with someone else sweets... Although I think I can manage an English accent when I'm drunk. I'm from the Philippines :)

Latest posts

Back