Pouring into mould before trace - problem?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is anything wrong with pouring the mix into the mould while it is still fairly fluid. I am talking about a recipe which is known to be good/successful and always reaches trace (light/med) at say 5 mins of whisking. I've noticed that if I allow a mix that isn't reaching trace to sit for say 5-10 mins, then come back and check, it often has firmed up and is tracing. If I stir again, it goes back to non-tracing - then allow to sit again and it starts to firm.

So, what I am thinking is that if I pour before trace b/c I need it to be liquid/flowing for the designs, do you think it will reach trace and then cure the same as the above example? I can't really think why it wouldn't work but I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is anything that needs to be considered before doing this.

Emulsification is all you need as long as you are sure you reached that point. It is more difficult than using trace, which is an obvious sign. But if you are sure, then go for it.

I agree with all. Sometimes I pour the soap just after emulsification and putting fo/eo and additives

Back