Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes- I'm totally enjoying it! I was a hold out for a long time, stubbornly sticking to my little flip phone (which I loved and do still miss the size of!),

IrishLass :)

I was a hold-out, too. Got my 1st smartphone in April 2015, a Samsung Galaxy 5 which I am still using. It took me almost 2 years to remember that I was effectively carrying around a computer. I'd be somewhere saying I didn't know, or couldn't do, this or that, and the person would look at me and say, "you have a phone, right?" "Oh yeah, thanks", sheepishly. LOL

my arty seems to have taken a turn for the better with the start of the rain, plus its payday and I dropped a bundle on good shoes and compression socks-- I walk for 4 hours m-f which has been nice but for the last 3 weeks with the arty in my feet I have left work limping--it feels like I have turned a corner and am hoping the shoes and socks will help even more.

They kept my office closed today!!! We didn't get much snow in my area, maybe about 4.5", if that.

I was in disbelief when my boss texted me at 7:30, and wrote back, "Really?? Why?" He just said "Roads." Okay. I'm curious and feel like driving around just to see. ;)

I was gonna get up anyway, but decided to take the extra sleep. Got up at 10, lol.

...I was in disbelief when my boss texted me at 7:30, and wrote back, "Really?? Why?" He just said "Roads.".
Aw Meena, you're lucky your boss let you know not to come in. My next door neighbor went to work as usual... when he got there, he was told to go home, they were closed for the day!

His job is at the Jefferson County Admin Building (aka "the Taj Mahal,") in Golden. It's a 45 minute drive in each direction, in good weather. He made the drive in the downpour and high winds that came before the snowstorm. He was mad as a wet hen when he got back home! He said, "I don't know why they waited until the last minute to close! Why couldn't they call!"

My happy: Hubby and I finally taking our birthday weekend trip! No children, no chores, just amazing food, beer and each other's company for 36 hours. His birthday is Feb. 25, my birthday is Feb. 28th, our first year dating he turned 40 and we decided instead of throwing a lame birthday party for him, we would go away and celebrate both of us being born. It became our thing. This year we're running a bit late because life and weather has not cooperated.

My happy: Hubby and I finally taking our birthday weekend trip! No children, no chores, just amazing food, beer and each other's company for 36 hours. His birthday is Feb. 25, my birthday is Feb. 28th, our first year dating he turned 40 and we decided instead of throwing a lame birthday party for him, we would go away and celebrate both of us being born. It became our thing. This year we're running a bit late because life and weather has not cooperated.

Have a fantastic weekend. My birthday is Feb 15 and my husband is Feb 9.

Aw Meena, you're lucky your boss let you know not to come in. My next door neighbor went to work as usual... when he got there, he was told to go home, they were closed for the day!

His job is at the Jefferson County Admin Building (aka "the Taj Mahal,") in Golden. It's a 45 minute drive in each direction, in good weather. He made the drive in the downpour and high winds that came before the snowstorm. He was mad as a wet hen when he got back home! He said, "I don't know why they waited until the last minute to close! Why couldn't they call!"

OMG, yes our temp showed up from Highlands Ranch, about 24 miles. She wasn't too happy, i learned today!
Disrespectful. ..

My unbelievably happy

I just started a new job and I have to get through until the end of the month on zero money then I get paid a couple of weeks and I won't see a full months wages until the end of next month

A friend who said she could lend me a bit next month then had to let me down so effectively I'd have zero for a week or two.

Not worried about myself. Got my fares to work, freezer loaded up and bills either paid or have agreed to wait.

But my cats...

I am on an FB group for cat lovers and I posted my only option was to surrender them to a shelter and hope they wouldn't be adopted before I could adopt them back as I couldn't feed them.

As you can imagine I was heartbroken

Next morning people responded to me. We've all been friends for years without ever meeting.

Last night a massive sack of Whiskas dry was delivered. This morning an even bigger sack arrived along with some treats and apparently 40 pouches are in transit

And a couple of other people said well that's the cats sorted out but what about you? And sent me money not as a loan but because we've always looked out for each other and in the past I've helped people out so everyone says when you get back on your feet pay it forward

My unbelievably happy

I just started a new job and I have to get through until the end of the month on zero money then I get paid a couple of weeks and I won't see a full months wages until the end of next month

A friend who said she could lend me a bit next month then had to let me down so effectively I'd have zero for a week or two.

Not worried about myself. Got my fares to work, freezer loaded up and bills either paid or have agreed to wait.

But my cats...

I am on an FB group for cat lovers and I posted my only option was to surrender them to a shelter and hope they wouldn't be adopted before I could adopt them back as I couldn't feed them.

As you can imagine I was heartbroken

Next morning people responded to me. We've all been friends for years without ever meeting.

Last night a massive sack of Whiskas dry was delivered. This morning an even bigger sack arrived along with some treats and apparently 40 pouches are in transit

And a couple of other people said well that's the cats sorted out but what about you? And sent me money not as a loan but because we've always looked out for each other and in the past I've helped people out so everyone says when you get back on your feet pay it forward
IMG_20190316_115302.jpg

And here's Apoganza aka Ganzi guarding the horde

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 8 grands and they're no fun at all! LOL Except for the youngest... he's 14, cheeky, smart and creative and I see him fairly often, even tho he's an hour away.
Are you on CR 13 in Douglas/Elbert?

Are you on CR 13 in Douglas/Elbert?
So sorry, didn't mean to get personal on here. I used to live in Elizabeth and thought there was another soaper just down the road from us.

So sorry, didn't mean to get personal on here. I used to live in Elizabeth and thought there was another soaper just down the road from us.
Hi Pat! I'm in Douglas County. I live in Lone Tree, about 3 miles south of Park Meadows, about 1.7 miles west of I-25 & Lincoln exit. Come see me! :)

ETA: I just noticed you're in AZ -- invitation is still valid. If you're ever in town and need a place to stay, I have 2 guest bedrooms just gathering dust. LOL

Hi Pat! I'm in Douglas County. I live in Lone Tree, about 3 miles south of Park Meadows, about 1.7 miles west of I-25 & Lincoln exit. Come see me! :)

ETA: I just noticed you're in AZ -- invitation is still valid. If you're ever in town and need a place to stay, I have 2 guest bedrooms just gathering dust. LOL
Thanks Zany! I only get home about once a year but I will keep your invitation in mind. I would love to see your setup. Happy Soaping!

I would love to see your setup.
Wear your walking shoes... I have stuff "organized" all over the house! Haha. My brother is in Phoenix. I have a step-daughter in Chandler and a soaping buddy in Apache Junction. Where is Surprise?

everyone says when you get back on your feet pay it forward ...
Words to live by. Thank you sharing this uplifting story. :)

Wear your walking shoes... I have stuff "organized" all over the house! Haha. My brother is in Phoenix. I have a step-daughter in Chandler and a soaping buddy in Apache Junction. Where is Surprise?
Surprise is a suburb northwest of Phoenix. Apache Junction is south of us and Chandler is southeast.

Not a happy but a funny. We have 6 Feral Barn Cats that showed up last year. Today, one of them snuck up behind me while sitting outside and climbed up my back and onto my head. I didnt know what to do and was afraid to yell so I started video calling my husband so he would see my predicament and come help. He didnt answer his phone! I finally reached my son who after laughing for a moment, came to rescue me. I was afraid to move or try to grab it in case it bit me. Of course my son took a screen shot...
call for help.png

Back