Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30 years ago today, I married my best friend.
We've grown up together (we got married at 18 &19)
and now we are blessed to grow old together.

Attachments

• wedding pic.jpg
    wedding pic.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 20
@Terri E my lil one is squealing with delight at the "bebi bear" lol I've been trying to convince him it's s doggie but he's giving me these weird looks..
30 years ago today, I married my best friend.
We've grown up together (we got married at 18 &19)
and now we are blessed to grow old together.
Happy Anniversary! Here's to maaaaany more! And wow, lovely bride you are :)

That is wonderful!

Happy Anniversary! All the best for a LOOOOOOOOONG future ahead
Thank you :) Next stop is empty nesting... August 31st (our youngest gets married)... then 8+ years retirement.
I'm enjoying the journey.

@Terri E my lil one is squealing with delight at the "bebi bear" lol I've been trying to convince him it's s doggie but he's giving me these weird looks..

Happy Anniversary! Here's to maaaaany more! And wow, lovely bride you are :)
Thank you so much! :)

Janelle

Last edited by a moderator:
That is wonderful!

Happy Anniversary! All the best for a LOOOOOOOOONG future ahead
Happy Anniversary! So happy for you both!

20190211_181839.jpg
This is the shelving I scored from my Dad. It was sitting empty in his outside Office. What could be more perfect for storing curing soap. Right? makes me smile just to look at it as I add new soaps to it. Planning ahead for gift giving.

I am happy -and unexpectedly surprised- that my best friend gifted me with her mothballed Galaxy 3 smartphone yesterday out of the blue (my first ever smartphone).
I loved my galaxy 3. It finally died and I had to upgrade, ouch $ but I stuck with Samsung cuz I love how they work. I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 36202 This is the shelving I scored from my Dad. It was sitting empty in his outside Office. What could be more perfect for storing curing soap. Right? makes me smile just to look at it as I add new soaps to it. Planning ahead for gift giving.
Great!
Next you need to work out a system to identify your soaps. A soap diary is great with maybe a number for each batch or a date.
Then you have to have a little card or something to put with each batch of soap.

I loved my galaxy 3. It finally died and I had to upgrade, ouch $ but I stuck with Samsung cuz I love how they work. I hope you enjoy it!

Yes- I'm totally enjoying it! I was a hold out for a long time, stubbornly sticking to my little flip phone (which I loved and do still miss the size of!), but I must admit it's great to be able to group text with family and friends and share pics and all of that fun stuff. I know I don't utilize even half of what it is capable of, but I'm a very happy camper with what I do utilize it for. :)

IrishLass :)

Great!
Next you need to work out a system to identify your soaps. A soap diary is great with maybe a number for each batch or a date.
Then you have to have a little card or something to put with each batch of soap.
Thanks ! I'm kind of unorganized. What I've been doing is writing out the recipe as I make it. Because some times my measurements are slightly .01 - .4 over my written recipe. And leave that card with date on it on the shelf with that batch. I'm shooting for more precision. Not there yet . I started dating it so I could test the ph when it should be cured.

Today I found out that I'm going to be a grandma for the first time! My youngest son called me today to inform me that he and his girlfriend are expecting. She's due in October. We all expected that announcement to come from my oldest son as his 1 year wedding anniversary is this month. I made baby soap when they announced their engagement. Now it looks like my youngest son will be the first to get it! [emoji4]

Today I found out that I'm going to be a grandma for the first time! My youngest son called me today to inform me that he and his girlfriend are expecting. She's due in October. We all expected that announcement to come from my oldest son as his 1 year wedding anniversary is this month. I made baby soap when they announced their engagement. Now it looks like my youngest son will be the first to get it! [emoji4]
How exciting!! Congrats to all!

Congratulations! I’m a new first time grandma too and it’s so much fun.

I have 8 grands and they're no fun at all! LOL Except for the youngest... he's 14, cheeky, smart and creative and I see him fairly often, even tho he's an hour away.

I have 8 grands and they're no fun at all! LOL Except for the youngest... he's 14, cheeky, smart and creative and I see him fairly often, even tho he's an hour away.
My eldest granddaughter will be coming out for spring break. She's 15 and has been my market helper. Our place will be home base but she intends to spend a lot of time with her friends, one of whom misses her terribly. It will be good to have her here again (they moved to Vancouver Island at the end of January, about 5 hours away).

I just found out that my sister will be a grandmother again, her second grandchild. My niece has a 6 y.o. daughter and has been trying for several years to conceive another child. She's finally pregnant and I'm thrilled for my sister, my niece and her family. My sister loves children and has been hoping for more grandbabies.

Yay, snow day!!! We got let out at 1.oo. I took a coworker home, then powered on through with my KO2 tires to the market, stopped by the PO, and spent 20 minutes in my carport cleaning off the van completely, mirrors, wheel wells, struts, and all. :D

I actually like driving in snow. Former resident of MA, UT, and WI. The season that I can do without is summer.

Back