Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After spending the entire morning pacing the house, stress OCD counting EVERY.THING, and nervous peeing 99 times... I had a 15 minute meeting with the brewery. They pretty much knew they wanted soap, approved the scent suggestions I had, switched up which brews they wanted made into soaps, were happy with pricing, and wrote me out a nice check. OMG. So.happy. This just took the hustle out of the rest of my year. Excuse me while I happy dance myself to my soap lab to make soap! :dance:

After spending the entire morning pacing the house, stress OCD counting EVERY.THING, and nervous peeing 99 times... I had a 15 minute meeting with the brewery. They pretty much knew they wanted soap, approved the scent suggestions I had, switched up which brews they wanted made into soaps, were happy with pricing, and wrote me out a nice check. OMG. So.happy. This just took the hustle out of the rest of my year. Excuse me while I happy dance myself to my soap lab to make soap! :dance:

Congrats!!!

I started a month long fundraiser today. 10% of each bar of soap goes to a missing persons org i volunteer for. Orders are rolling in. Its going to be a busy month

Daughter finally landed in Sweden at 530 am this morning. I just couldnt go to bed until I knew she landed. So cool that they landed in Iceland before the final leg. I dont know too many 18 year olds that can say they've been to Iceland.

Last edited by a moderator:
[emoji1] the rose soap molds that I thought I wouldn't get today, came (happy dance)! I really wanted to make these, they were inspired by a soap I got from a SMF forum soap swap years ago. I forgot who made it but it smelled so divine that I never used it. LOL it was my stress relieving sniffing bar! The scent was strawberry rose and it had pureed strawberries in it. It got lost when we moved. So today I made strawberry rose salt bars in memory of that awesome bar. I forgot that salt adds volume so instead of 12 bars, I got 17 & 2 samples [emoji1]! And it smells like the scent I remember!
20180909_150538.jpeg

I made a funny and it made me smile.

Also, added some stuff to the Koi pond and I can now barely see the Koi . I couldn't see them at all before.

fair warning, the ending is disturbing. I was left asking myself what the heck just happened?
Lol I know! DH has never seen it but I liked it lol.

I work with a fun bunch [emoji1]! I was working on bagging an order of 5 inch diameter parts. I had parts bins stacked 4 high all over on my table. My boss is short. He was peeking at me thru the stacks saying "it's too high, it's too high! I can't see you!" I could hear him but it took me a second to see him. Another co-worker heard him and replied "no, you're just too short!" He couldn't help but laugh!

Last edited by a moderator:
My happy is that I found a gluten free bread that doesn't contain corn starch or corn syrup and it's actually tasty! I thought I was eating "real" bread. The company is Canyon Bakehouse and I got my loaf from the freezer section of my local Meijer store. And they make several kinds of bread including cinnamon raisin bread, hot dog and hamburger buns, bagels & focaccia! I can't wait to try them all! I'm so happy I could do cartwheels lol!

We recently moved 6hrs north of where we were, and now live in the Cariboo region of BC.. I have multiple happies going on, lol! Our daughter, who suffered such awful bullying for the last 10 years, has made some great friends very quickly - she goes to school happy every day (has not been in a classroom in 2 years, and spent last year schooling online - so lonely!)

My husband loves his new job, despite the commute, and.. I finally set up my studio, and have started prepping for a trade show, and making holiday gifts!

I start my part time job on Monday, and am looking forward to meeting everyone in our new community!

We recently moved 6hrs north of where we were, and now live in the Cariboo region of BC.. I have multiple happies going on, lol! Our daughter, who suffered such awful bullying for the last 10 years, has made some great friends very quickly - she goes to school happy every day (has not been in a classroom in 2 years, and spent last year schooling online - so lonely!)

My husband loves his new job, despite the commute, and.. I finally set up my studio, and have started prepping for a trade show, and making holiday gifts!

I start my part time job on Monday, and am looking forward to meeting everyone in our new community!
You live in a beautiful area, Loralei. So happy to hear your daughter is doing so much better. Being on the receiving end of bullying is no fun.

Happy... in the oven is a Uno's Deep dish pizza :D
We're having pizza tonight too [emoji1]! EVERY cooking show we saw this morning showcased pizza. So I used some ground turkey to make a quick Italian sausage and DH is picking up the rest of the fixings when he leaves the gym.

Ten years! I can't fathom that, it's simply not acceptable. When I think of how one tiny slight from a classmate is often enough to ruin a kid's day - and then hear she had 10 years - most of her life - dealing that that kind of garbage, I just wanna yell at someone! I can't tell you how happy my heart is to know that she's got trusted friends and goes to school happy! (it should have been like that all along. Counting our blessings that our little one hasn't had any bad experiences (out of the norm, or more stressful than appropriate for her age).

My happy: I was able to rescue the 2 trays of sample soaps I was hoping would work out. The trays were really for making ice cubes but the only had the bottoms of the cavities made of silicon, not the whole tray. That was the sad part. Now I have some soaps shaped like Jujubees and the rest are "marbles" (quail egg sized).

Latest posts

Back