Post your happy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We recently moved 6hrs north of where we were, and now live in the Cariboo region of BC.. I have multiple happies going on, lol! Our daughter, who suffered such awful bullying for the last 10 years, has made some great friends very quickly - she goes to school happy every day (has not been in a classroom in 2 years, and spent last year schooling online - so lonely!)

My husband loves his new job, despite the commute, and.. I finally set up my studio, and have started prepping for a trade show, and making holiday gifts!

I start my part time job on Monday, and am looking forward to meeting everyone in our new community!
Went through it with my daughter too. So glad she found some decent people and she is happier now.

You live in a beautiful area, Loralei. So happy to hear your daughter is doing so much better. Being on the receiving end of bullying is no fun.
Thank you, @Misschief - I honestly can't even tell you how awesome it is, to have my daughter back... all happy and smiling, and as chatty as she was so many years ago!

Ten years! I can't fathom that, it's simply not acceptable. When I think of how one tiny slight from a classmate is often enough to ruin a kid's day - and then hear she had 10 years - most of her life - dealing that that kind of garbage, I just wanna yell at someone! I can't tell you how happy my heart is to know that she's got trusted friends and goes to school happy! (it should have been like that all along. Counting our blessings that our little one hasn't had any bad experiences (out of the norm, or more stressful than appropriate for her age).
@lenarenee Thank you.. it was beyond awful.. and I fought hard for her, all these years.. so sad to say that it got so bad, she even tried to take her own life.. we ended up taking her out of school for s year, to work on mental health , and then allowing her to school online.. the bullying slowed a lot, but she was so lonely (small town living, and no other options).. I am so grateful to have her feeling so optimistic about life again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because who doesn't like Barn Kittens?
kitten1.jpg kitten2.jpg

I play Scrabble with a friend online. We're at the end of the game and I drew the last two tiles. The 4 letters I have are FOHO :lol:

@Loralei I am so sorry about the ordeal your daughter (and you) have had to live with, and thankful things have improved so much. It must have been awful for all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My box from LotionCrafter is on the doorstep! Actually, it was probably on the doorstep when I went home for lunch, it didn't occur to me to look. Just got around to checking the tracking after lunch. (insanely slow day at work today) Hoping that it didn't get caught in the downpour we had from 10-11 today :confused: Got the email that my Nature's Garden order will be delivered on Thursday. Just waiting on WSP's order, which typically I receive a week after placing the order. I am just so stinking excited about making shampoo bars!

My happy: My mouth sores are finally almost all gone. Yesterday was the first day of almost all day comfort. Today is even better. I can still feel one of them if I think about it, but if I don't think about it, my mouth feels almost normal again. When I saw my doc on Friday he told me it was good to see me smiling and in a good mood again, as I was so obviously miserable a week prior to that. I still had two really persistant sores when I saw him on Friday, so he re-prescribed the anti-viral and wants me to take it once a day since it was so slow to heal and to ensure my European travels aren't ruined by a re-lapse.

WSP FINALLY! shipped my order. Hopefully I will be making shampoo bars on Saturday. I might not be as happy if I have to wait until Monday. Just happy to finally be tackling this project. (Don't tell my husband. He thinks I should be doing other things...)

I had a great day at work. The outside temp was in the 70s so the temp in the factory was rather decent. My work load was light, the 1 person who annoys me most days was sent to work in our warehouse which is a half mile away and the rude, cranky secretary stayed in her office most of the day! I only had to speak to her once but she snapped at a co-worker who was standing next to me and tried to be helpful.
And my 72% Olive Oil soap stamp arrived today!

It's cold and wet today, but work is still bringing in the ice cream truck! And I will still really enjoy that ice cream especially because work is paying for it.

Happiness: After a year long process of interviewing lawyers before finding one that was a) affordable and b) didn't treat me like a skank... my husband legally has a daughter and my daughter legally has a dad! The adoption went through without a hitch - no strange guy came forward claiming her, and the judge was in a good mood. He asked my husband if he wanted Claire to be his daughter, he asked Claire if she wanted Chris to be her dad (she replied, "he is my dad we just need to have the same last name."), and the judge replied, "Well, let's do that. Let's make a family. Adoption approved." We are so happy! So so happy!

Attachments

• adoption.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Happiness: After a year long process of interviewing lawyers before finding one that was a) affordable and b) didn't treat me like a skank... my husband legally has a daughter and my daughter legally has a dad! The adoption went through without a hitch - no strange guy came forward claiming her, and the judge was in a good mood. He asked my husband if he wanted Claire to be his daughter, he asked Claire if she wanted Chris to be her dad (she replied, "he is my dad we just need to have the same last name."), and the judge replied, "Well, let's do that. Let's make a family. Adoption approved." We are so happy! So so happy!
Congratulations to all of you!!

Huge congratulations to all of you. She sure looks Happy!! angel.gif

Also happy: My Micas & More order came in today. I'm 3 colors shy of having a full set... (I might also be a Co-Ho in addition to a FO Ho....)

Happy: So I've made a few soap batches tailored for my BF with scents that he likes. Of course, they needed time to cure before I let him use them, so I made him a bar of MP with that fragrance to use in the meantime. Well, finally those soaps are cured, and I put one in the shower for him. He told me the other day that my CP soap is "SO MUCH BETTER" than the MP and that it felt great on his skin and had way better lather. He also said the scent developed a little more in the CP and he preferred it to the MP version. I'm just so happy that he likes my soap!! It means a lot to me that he's so supportive AND that I can provide him with a lovely bar too. :)))))

Latest posts

Back