Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to checkout and my virtual card is not available for use for online payments.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. Makes no dang sense!

My gripe....my foreman played a joke on me, pretended to "walk" me out, ie fire me. Turned out he just needed me to take care of something on the way to the exit but figured it was a convenient time to play a joke. Was so deadpan about it I felt the gut punch. Still shook.

My young adult daughter was rear ended last night by a truck with a driver that claimed he was blinded by the setting sun & didn’t see her car OR the red light! The police declined to come to the scene of the accident because she had moved car to private lot to avoid blocking the busy intersection. She was in shock by time we arrived. I have 3 daughters & have now told them all to stay put if at all possible. The police would surely have arrived if the vehicles were impeding early evening traffic. The main reason we were hoping for police involvement was to get an incident number which is so often crucial in vehicle accidents when dealing with insurance companies. Have heard so many horror stories & sure hope this situation has a happy ending. We had just purchased this used car for her, when the transmission went out on her old car. She’s only owned it a month! 🐯

@LynetteO, I am so sorry your daughter was hit by that driver. Insurance companies have to accept that the police refuse to come out to the scene in some cases. It seems to be a sign of the times. If they (police) don't, you can go with your daughter to the police station and request to file a report or complaint and get a case or incident number that way. Of course local practices may differ. When I was rear-ended by another car in a very similar situation (I had only owned it about 2 or 3 weeks, also used, but paying payments) at an intersection, but that driver took off and we had no license number to report, plus I moved the car out of traffic, the police later came to the house to take the report. This was in Texas when I was visiting my son. There were no injuries other than the sudden jarring that can occur, but you never know when actual whiplash might appear, so if she has neck stiffness or headache, I'd suggest you call the police and ask them to come take a report due to possible injury and of course take her to a doctor just to be checked.

Not to excuse the other driver of responsibility, but that can be true. I once ran into a cement planter that was below my line of vision (lower than the front end of my dad's p/u truck) when pulling out of a parking space in a grocery store lot while driving toward the sun at the time of day when the sun was directly at the worst level to be driving toward. Of course that did NOT remove my responsibility for the damage done. I was the driver after all, and I did choose to drive toward the sun. I avoid driving into the sun ever since because I never want something like that or something worse to happen because my vision is impaired. It was very jarring.

IF her insurance company refuses based on 'not covered' or whatever, I have experience with that, too. Don't accept it if they say that at first (they're just trying to get out of paying a claim). I've had that happen, and after being advised by a friend that all I had to do was call back and insist that it was covered, the insurance company changed their tune and took the claim.

@earlene My husband called the police back & insisted on an incident/reference number. I am taking her to HCP & a chiropractor today as she does have bad headache & neck ache. There is also a red light camera at that major intersection that should have captured the accident as he hit her while she was 1st in line at stop light. I understand dusk & sun blindness but WHO doesn’t slow down at a major intersection at the light, ESPECIALLY if one cannot see properly?!?! If her car had not been there at the light & he’d have quite possibly T-boned a different car, which increases possibly of major bodily injury! Yet he gets no ticket for distracted driving? Did he get away with drunk driving? Know we will never know. I’m a tad irked. 😣

Last edited:
@earlene My husband called the police back & insisted on an incident/reference number. I am taking her to HCP & a chiropractor today as she does have bad headache & neck ache. There is also a red light camera at that major intersection that should have captured the accident as he hit her while she was 1st in line at stop light. I understand dusk & sun blindness but WHO doesn’t slow down at a major intersection at the light, ESPECIALLY if one cannot see properly?!?! If her car had not been there at the light & he’d have quite possibly T-boned a different car, which increases possibly of major bodily injury! Yet he gets no ticket for distracted driving? Did he get away with drunk driving? Know we will never know. I’m a tad irked. 😣
You are absolutely right, and I hope your daughter's insurance company works diligently in her favor. At least that should impact the other driver's insurance premiums, if nothing else. I hope your daughter's medical appointments bring her some relief and that there is no long-term damage, and that she is able to rest comfortably soon.

My young adult daughter was rear ended last night by a truck with a driver that claimed he was blinded by the setting sun & didn’t see her car OR the red light! The police declined to come to the scene of the accident because she had moved car to private lot to avoid blocking the busy intersection. She was in shock by time we arrived. I have 3 daughters & have now told them all to stay put if at all possible. The police would surely have arrived if the vehicles were impeding early evening traffic. The main reason we were hoping for police involvement was to get an incident number which is so often crucial in vehicle accidents when dealing with insurance companies. Have heard so many horror stories & sure hope this situation has a happy ending. We had just purchased this used car for her, when the transmission went out on her old car. She’s only owned it a month! 🐯
Many years ago in Colorado I was severely chastised for moving my car out of traffic after an accident in an intersection.

Many years ago in Colorado I was severely chastised for moving my car out of traffic after an accident in an intersection.
I lived in Georgia back in the late 80's, and I remember seeing PSAs between commercials that said if you could move your car at all, you had to, so as not to block traffic while waiting for the police. I live elsewhere now, but I've never gotten in trouble for moving my car into a nearby parking lot after an accident. It never even occurred to me that I shouldn't. Not that I get into a lot of accidents, but I have had several driving jobs and things are more likely to occur when you're on the road up to 12 hours a day.

I did have one guy refuse to give me his name and insurance policy number after an accident, because he claimed that I was at fault (he turned right from the left side of the two-lane-wide exit at an apartment complex, into the side of my car as I was turning right from the right side of the same exit - he had no turn signal on so I assumed that he was turning left due to being on the left side, but I had also just watched him run a stop sign inside the complex while texting on his phone, so I guess I should have known to stay well away from him!). He did wait for the police to arrive, and when I told the officer that the other driver was refusing to give me his policy number, they told him his license would be suspended if he didn't. He became much more cooperative after that. But the policeman never told us that we shouldn't have gone back into the apartment parking lot.

@earlene My husband called the police back & insisted on an incident/reference number. I am taking her to HCP & a chiropractor 😣

I do think she did the right thing by moving her vehicle out of traffic but after seeing the damage & getting the full story, I believe the driver was intoxicated 😵 & the had the police arrived on scene, at least a professional could have determined what caused such distracted driving that allowed a truck to rear end a stopped vehicle at a red light at 50mph.
I guess(?) she should have said she was injured but other than a headache & neck ache she felt she should say she wasn’t injured because she wasn’t bleeding or cut in any way. I’m simply frustrated with the whole situation.

Last edited:
I do think she did the right thing by moving her vehicle out of traffic but after seeing the damage & getting the full story, I believe the driver was intoxicated 😵 & the had the police arrived on scene, at least a professional could have determined what caused such distracted driving that allowed a truck to rear end a stopped vehicle at a red light at 50mph.
I guess(?) she should have said she was injured but other than a headache & neck ache she felt she should say she wasn’t injured because she wasn’t bleeding or cut in any way. I’m simply frustrated with the whole situation.
An “intoxicated” driver rear ended me when I was 22. He drove off, and I didn’t get any of his information. I didn’t know I had a neck injury until the next morning when I tried to move when I woke up. We need to remember that intoxicated doesn’t necessarily mean alcohol. Opioids and cannabis are other culprits in traffic accidents. At low levels the police may not be able to detect probable cause for a test. I hope your daughter will be better soon @earlene 💕🙏

An “intoxicated” driver rear ended me when I was 22. He drove off, and I didn’t get any of his information. I didn’t know I had a neck injury until the next morning when I tried to move when I woke up. We need to remember that intoxicated doesn’t necessarily mean alcohol. Opioids and cannabis are other culprits in traffic accidents. At low levels the police may not be able to detect probable cause for a test. I hope your daughter will be better soon @earlene 💕🙏
It's @LynetteO 's daughter.

Once in a self-catered seminar, I was assigned into the cooking team. I cut in my finger as well (nothing badly, but annoying in any case). When we were introducing the dinner to the other participants, I displayed my band-aided finger, and noted that the vegetarian dish is “probably not entirely vegetarian”.

I don't understand the younger generation when it comes to working. Not everybody, so please don't get offended..I know there are a lot of hard working younger people out there.

I am always covering shifts for these kids because of burnout. Believe me, I know what burnout is. My example of burnout... I would work 8 shifts in 5 days and somebody asks me to work.."no sorry I am burned out."

We lost a tech because she wants a job only 3 days a week. Another tech because she "can't handle the stress of the hospital". Both of them say that they can't also take care of their houses if they work more than 3 days a week.

I feel like the old adage "when I was a kid I walked to school in 10 feet of snow in my barefeet" LOL. But no really, when I was in my twenties, I had a small child as a single mom, a mortgage, and a car payment. I was in college with three jobs to be able to send her to private school on top of college and babysitting expenses. When I graduated, I had my regular job, plus I still bartended and had a part time gig at Sears that I showed up in my scrubs. The security guards used to call me Key Tech (cause I made keys and did engraving lol). I eventually dropped Sears and worked another CT job part time instead for more money.

We are short-staffed, no doubt about it. But we have always chipped in and got it done. I have covered birthdays, valentines day, girlfriend's/boyfriend's birthdays for these kids (you know, the important stuff LOL). I hear the word burnout and jump in and grab shifts from them to retain them. My boss does the same thing. She works a double 8am-11pm every Friday and our overnight tech works Friday overnight, because none of them want to work Friday nights. I have been picking up Saturday and/or Sunday. This is all in addition to our regular schedules.

I took my first vacation (stay-cation) in FIVE years at the end of august, then ended up working on my last day off because this kid said he was burned out. Also mind you, that he signed up for that shift for a bonus that we are getting.

One of the kiddos just put in time off requests for every Sunday for the next two months. Guess who is working them? I have crazy schedules...8 on, 1 off...6 on, 1 off. (5) 8 hour shifts in a week is just too much for them. I don't understand. That's my dream bankers hours LOL.

I have a CT student (she is already a registered xray tech that works at an outpatient center). She made it clear on her first day that she does not transport patients. One of our transporters was out with covid, for the 5th time this year...if you catch my drift LOL. I am getting pounded with trauma and ER patients, and here is the student congenially waving bye from the door as I am pushing a stretcher back to the ER. I mean, she doesn't even walk with me to open doors or anything LOL. Guess who is not getting hired when she graduates :nodding: . I spoke to her college clinical instructor and he said that they are absolutely allowed to transport patients, but to keep in mind that they are there to learn, and that transport is not their only role there as students...which I totally get. She just sits back down to her book.

Well, guess who is not learning either? She doesn't jump in to learn to actually scan...she sits at the desk and studies the entire time she is there. The other day she broke out the laptop. She told me that she was having a hard time with CT...I offered to help. She says "you don't understand the newer technology" LMBO really....????? I tried to explain that I keep up with technology and that I know more than she thinks I know even though I'm an oldhead. "I'm Catscankim" LOL LOL. I sent her upstairs to work with my boss lol. She's just in my way if she isn't helping.

We have a per diem tech that called out because he and his gf broke up. I guess I understand. I called out when my cat died. But then he later called out because of burnout. Then later called out because of the hurricane in Louisiana because "it was very stressful for him when he saw the news that morning". He doesn't live there, he doesn't know anybody who does. The news stressed him out. Sunday of this week he called out because he was "blowing out green snot and had a fever". He came in Monday just fine. I says "wow, nice immune system, miraculous recovery!" My boss made me shut up LOL. I dunno. Yesterday he was on his death bed...

So all these kids (who should have waaaay more energy) are burned out...and us old heads are picking up the slack. I am 50, my boss is 66, and our overnight tech is 60. I just don't understand the logic. We are the only ones pulling overtime and getting bonuses, and they are using all their vaca time for burnout...so not even working their 40 hours.

I told them...you need to keep at least 40 hours in your bank for an emergency. They sit there like "oh...I have 8 hours in my bank, I can take a day off".

It's the same thing with the nurses. They are getting paid $1400 per shift (we don't get that much) in addition to their overtime (they work 3 12-hour shifts per week normally). None of them want it. They say the money is not worth it. So here are all the old-heads picking up shifts, not just for the bonus, but because there are no nurses to work.

Me and the charge nurse in the ER today ordered a really fancy restaurant meal from Door Dash today for lunch. We are picking up all the shifts, we can afford it LOL.

There's just no work ethic here.

I do have off this whole weekend this weekend. It's my last one for a long time. I can't actually remember my last one before this, except my vacation, which was cut short by somebody who was burnt out and overwhelmed with work.

I don't understand the younger generation when it comes to working. Not everybody, so please don't get offended..I know there are a lot of hard working younger people out there.

I am always covering shifts for these kids because of burnout. Believe me, I know what burnout is. My example of burnout... I would work 8 shifts in 5 days and somebody asks me to work.."no sorry I am burned out."

We lost a tech because she wants a job only 3 days a week. Another tech because she "can't handle the stress of the hospital". Both of them say that they can't also take care of their houses if they work more than 3 days a week.

I feel like the old adage "when I was a kid I walked to school in 10 feet of snow in my barefeet" LOL. But no really, when I was in my twenties, I had a small child as a single mom, a mortgage, and a car payment. I was in college with three jobs to be able to send her to private school on top of college and babysitting expenses. When I graduated, I had my regular job, plus I still bartended and had a part time gig at Sears that I showed up in my scrubs. The security guards used to call me Key Tech (cause I made keys and did engraving lol). I eventually dropped Sears and worked another CT job part time instead for more money.

We are short-staffed, no doubt about it. But we have always chipped in and got it done. I have covered birthdays, valentines day, girlfriend's/boyfriend's birthdays for these kids (you know, the important stuff LOL). I hear the word burnout and jump in and grab shifts from them to retain them. My boss does the same thing. She works a double 8am-11pm every Friday and our overnight tech works Friday overnight, because none of them want to work Friday nights. I have been picking up Saturday and/or Sunday. This is all in addition to our regular schedules.

I took my first vacation (stay-cation) in FIVE years at the end of august, then ended up working on my last day off because this kid said he was burned out. Also mind you, that he signed up for that shift for a bonus that we are getting.

One of the kiddos just put in time off requests for every Sunday for the next two months. Guess who is working them? I have crazy schedules...8 on, 1 off...6 on, 1 off. (5) 8 hour shifts in a week is just too much for them. I don't understand. That's my dream bankers hours LOL.

I have a CT student (she is already a registered xray tech that works at an outpatient center). She made it clear on her first day that she does not transport patients. One of our transporters was out with covid, for the 5th time this year...if you catch my drift LOL. I am getting pounded with trauma and ER patients, and here is the student congenially waving bye from the door as I am pushing a stretcher back to the ER. I mean, she doesn't even walk with me to open doors or anything LOL. Guess who is not getting hired when she graduates :nodding: . I spoke to her college clinical instructor and he said that they are absolutely allowed to transport patients, but to keep in mind that they are there to learn, and that transport is not their only role there as students...which I totally get. She just sits back down to her book.

Well, guess who is not learning either? She doesn't jump in to learn to actually scan...she sits at the desk and studies the entire time she is there. The other day she broke out the laptop. She told me that she was having a hard time with CT...I offered to help. She says "you don't understand the newer technology" LMBO really....????? I tried to explain that I keep up with technology and that I know more than she thinks I know even though I'm an oldhead. "I'm Catscankim" LOL LOL. I sent her upstairs to work with my boss lol. She's just in my way if she isn't helping.

We have a per diem tech that called out because he and his gf broke up. I guess I understand. I called out when my cat died. But then he later called out because of burnout. Then later called out because of the hurricane in Louisiana because "it was very stressful for him when he saw the news that morning". He doesn't live there, he doesn't know anybody who does. The news stressed him out. Sunday of this week he called out because he was "blowing out green snot and had a fever". He came in Monday just fine. I says "wow, nice immune system, miraculous recovery!" My boss made me shut up LOL. I dunno. Yesterday he was on his death bed...

So all these kids (who should have waaaay more energy) are burned out...and us old heads are picking up the slack. I am 50, my boss is 66, and our overnight tech is 60. I just don't understand the logic. We are the only ones pulling overtime and getting bonuses, and they are using all their vaca time for burnout...so not even working their 40 hours.

I told them...you need to keep at least 40 hours in your bank for an emergency. They sit there like "oh...I have 8 hours in my bank, I can take a day off".

It's the same thing with the nurses. They are getting paid $1400 per shift (we don't get that much) in addition to their overtime (they work 3 12-hour shifts per week normally). None of them want it. They say the money is not worth it. So here are all the old-heads picking up shifts, not just for the bonus, but because there are no nurses to work.

Me and the charge nurse in the ER today ordered a really fancy restaurant meal from Door Dash today for lunch. We are picking up all the shifts, we can afford it LOL.

There's just no work ethic here.

I do have off this whole weekend this weekend. It's my last one for a long time. I can't actually remember my last one before this, except my vacation, which was cut short by somebody who was burnt out and overwhelmed with work.
Such a sad state of affairs! Lazy Insolent Slackers! Forget about work ethic, they lack compassion and are incapable of common courtesy. Totally self centered, narcissistic tools. Too bad you don't get to write an evaluation on them!

@earlene , you said it in about 50 words lol. I do it in a whole page, but i think yours is more effective.

These kids are driving me nuts.

we just hired a new girl with no experience except her newly obtained license. However, her mom was an RN at our hospital for 25 years, and her sister is a RRT of 22 years. Hopefully hard work at the hospital is in her blood.

I told her RRT sister that i would taker her under my wing. God i hope she is trainable. I haven't met her yet

Latest posts

Back