Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate making mistakes at work. I've been doing pretty good with my new position until lately where I've made 3 variations of the same mistake in the last 2 weeks. I'm normally able to account for my focus issues, and now that's under fire...."I'm thinking too much" along with a torrent of other complaints. Ack. I have no ground to stand on here. Tomorrow is my "make it or break it" day and Friday is the most stressful day.
Hope all will be ok for you. 💫✨

I'm battling our health insurance' We chose our 'in-network Dr. 2 yrs ago. long story short we are being charged for Dr. apts & blood draw's due to our insurance company screw up. Our Dr. never gave insurance company his new tax ID number' even though he remained 'in net-work' the past two years. Now that our Dr. had just recently gave his new tax ID he is now 'out of network' & insurance company issn't going to cover for our annual physical's or standard blood draw's, which really adds up.

I told the Insurance rep it's not my fault if you listed our Dr. as 'In-Network' though you didn't have his correct tax ID. I'm to call tomorrow to see if they will cover cost? he did say I can arrange a payment plan w/ Dr. & Quest.

I'm like no way will I pay any cost that is covered under my insurance plain.
Ugh what a **** show. 🤯🤬

Peachy
Had my insurance claim something similar and it did get worked out and I hope the same for you. It is a hassle and I took the same position as you did. It was almost worse then trying to solve any problem with at&t, Plan several hours and many times over several days of head ache.
Good luck.
Cheers
gww

Peachy
Had my insurance claim something similar and it did get worked out and I hope the same for you. It is a hassle and I took the same position as you did. It was almost worse then trying to solve any problem with at&t, Plan several hours and many times over several days of head ache.
Good luck.
Cheers
gww
Yes It's becoming a pain in the ass' I can't even believe it' no one seams to have any answers? Ive called the Dr. asking about his Tax ID Number letting him know he needs to submit the correct one, this shouldn't be my job, All awhile we are paying high monthly medical insurance premium & Insurance company doesn't want to pay for standard care, unbelievable I may half to file some sort of grievance?

Glad you git yours worked out' i'll remain hopeful.
Thank you 🤗💫

Hope all will be ok for you. 💫✨
All you can do is your best. I'm sorry you've been having a hard time.

Thank you fellow soapers. 😊😎

Tomorrow don’t think too much about the past. As my father would say “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is The Day!” Good Luck & don’t listen to negative thoughts, try to think positively!

I like your father's saying. Fortunately I'm pretty good at working under pressure and moving forward. :)

Yes It's becoming a pain in the ass' I can't even believe it' no one seams to have any answers? Ive called the Dr. asking about his Tax ID Number letting him know he needs to submit the correct one, this shouldn't be my job, All awhile we are paying high monthly medical insurance premium & Insurance company doesn't want to pay for standard care, unbelievable I may half to file some sort of grievance?

Glad you git yours worked out' i'll remain hopeful.
Thank you 🤗💫

Sounds like you've done the legwork. You shouldn't have to, but at least you will likely come out ahead when whoever is in charge is presented with the black and white facts. I've had to fight over another issue over very poor services rendered, thankfully it went my way. These companies might seem faceless, but there are reasonable people in those offices. Hope things work out for you.

A favorite calc? I read the thread regarding calcs but I’m still unclear on the the best choice. I use other peoples recipes for the most part.
The Soapmaking Friend Calculator associated with this site is the one I use most of the time. When choosing the "PRINT" option of your formula you can choose to save it as a PDF File, which for me is great because then I can store those PDF files on my Google Drive and OneDrive in the cloud.
In addition, the "Dual LYE" calculator is a big help for me since I make small batch artisan shave soap formulas.
The SMF calculator has a couple of volume adjustment glitches to it though, but ask here on this forum and the members will help you with it.

My Brambleberry soap calculator just crashed and lost the last six years of recipes and batches. Not as bad as it could be since I make soap for only family and friends. Is there a tutorial for soap friend calc? A favorite calc? I read the thread regarding calcs but I’m still unclear on the the best choice. I use other peoples recipes for the most part. I think this covers a few threads, but it’s my big gripe of the day. I just need to get some soap made!
I use the SM Friend calc and also print all of my recipes so I can make notes and adjustments as I go along. The notes are organized by date in binders. I often refer back to soaps I made by season and I usually don’t have any problem finding a particular soap from the past, which is really helpful when I’m checking on scents. It’s a bit old school, but I don’t want to be tied to a computer when I get home from work.

I use the SM Friend calc and also print all of my recipes so I can make notes and adjustments as I go along. The notes are organized by date in binders. I often refer back to soaps I made by season and I usually don’t have any problem finding a particular soap from the past, which is really helpful when I’m checking on scents. It’s a bit old school, but I don’t want to be tied to a computer when I get home from work.
WORD! :thumbs::cool:

Sounds like you've done the legwork. You shouldn't have to, but at least you will likely come out ahead when whoever is in charge is presented with the black and white facts. I've had to fight over another issue over very poor services rendered, thankfully it went my way. These companies might seem faceless, but there are reasonable people in those offices. Hope things work out for you.
Thank you' I called today' it's still under review I'm feeling confident they may decide to pay what should be covered. Time will tell.

I'm battling our health insurance' We chose our 'in-network Dr. 2 yrs ago. long story short we are being charged for Dr. apts & blood draw's due to our insurance company screw up. Our Dr. never gave insurance company his new tax ID number' even though he remained 'in net-work' the past two years. Now that our Dr. had just recently gave his new tax ID he is now 'out of network' & insurance company issn't going to cover for our annual physical's or standard blood draw's, which really adds up.

I told the Insurance rep it's not my fault if you listed our Dr. as 'In-Network' though you didn't have his correct tax ID. I'm to call tomorrow to see if they will cover cost? he did say I can arrange a payment plan w/ Dr. & Quest.

I'm like no way will I pay any cost that is covered under my insurance plain.
Ugh what a **** show. 🤯🤬
I had this happen once and when I challenged the insurance company about it, they reversed the decision and paid the bill. It was a slightly different situation, but close enough I think to give you some hope. I chose a doctor based on the BCBS website of doctors covered & when the bill came due, his information had not been updated at their level. He was still listed on their website, however as an in-network doctor.

I hate making mistakes at work. I've been doing pretty good with my new position until lately where I've made 3 variations of the same mistake in the last 2 weeks. I'm normally able to account for my focus issues, and now that's under fire...."I'm thinking too much" along with a torrent of other complaints. Ack. I have no ground to stand on here. Tomorrow is my "make it or break it" day and Friday is the most stressful day.
What kind of work do you do? Are the mistakes some thing that you can rectify with a checklist? If yes, you can actually try practicing through a process to engage automaticity in your brain so you will be less likely to make those mistakes. You can private message me if you have any interest. Basically the concept is that you can engage mirror neurons to help automate your brain through a process.

What kind of work do you do? Are the mistakes some thing that you can rectify with a checklist? If yes, you can actually try practicing through a process to engage automaticity in your brain so you will be less likely to make those mistakes. You can private message me if you have any interest. Basically the concept is that you can engage mirror neurons to help automate your brain through a process.

Hello SY, thank you for your interest and the offer. I work as a "certifier" on a warehouse dock with 3 others, assigning routes to trucks, moving trucks, and loading pallets into trucks. It's fairly straight forward but there's a lot of moving pieces when 15-20 pickers are constantly filling up the docks. The big issue has been mixing up routes and trucks. I have a routine and work by lists (which is absolutely necessary), and it sounds flighty or juvenile as heck but everything goes great until there's some sort of interruption or surprise and I swear my brain just skips a step. So far the consensus of my helpful coworkers has been to slowdown, and to ask for assistance when things get backed up.

My Brambleberry soap calculator just crashed and lost the last six years of recipes and batches.
From now on, print out your results and use it to make notes. Then file or keep in a binder. :thumbs:
Tomorrow is my "make it or break it" day and Friday is the most stressful day.
Be prepared and just remember to breathe... stress is all in your head! :nodding:

I had this happen once and when I challenged the insurance company about it, they reversed the decision and paid the bill. It was a slightly different situation, but close enough I think to give you some hope. I chose a doctor based on the BCBS website of doctors covered & when the bill came due, his information had not been updated at their level. He was still listed on their website, however as an in-network doctor.
Thx for sharing' I'm remaining hopeful they will cover cost, I called & its still under review? fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back