Post your Gripe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it depends on your closest hub and the management there. I've worked quite a few jobs, good ones and bad ones, and I have noticed a direct correlation between how management runs things and how much the employees care about doing their job well. The more competent and caring the managers are, the more the employees actually try to do their job right. But if everyone can tell that management is only there for a paycheck and don't even know how to do their job, the employees will just show up for a paycheck too instead of caring about providing good customer service.
I completely understand that and they should be thankful they are not paid by the deliveries. I am in between 2 hubs and get deliveries from both of them. Both were horrid, the pandemic hit, 90% of the drivers quit at one of them, Got Texas drivers and haven't had a problem since from that one. It's the other one I am having problems with and I just found out that they are only in our area for all of 2 hours a day. But you would figure that if something wasn't delivered on the day it was suppose to it would be one of the first the next day. Next is to contact the companies I am getting the things from and have them complain.

Deliveries.jpeg

I have a FedEx package that has been sitting in Memphis since May 14. They have “opened an investigation” as to its whereabouts. Didn’t FedEx used to be reliable? 🙄
Wow um and I thought I have been waiting a long time for one of mine to arrive.

From what I have been seeing I guess they take turns? However I don't have a problem with UPS and USPS. The only time I have a problem with USPS is when I send a package to my parents without tracking and insurance. Their post master likes opening packages and keeping them if they don't have tracking and insurance on them.

I returned to the office full time on May 16th. I forgot how annoying the chemical engineer is - and it's not even really his fault! It's his wife. She calls three times every day, until she goes to work at 2. I get it's probably hard working odd shifts from the other spouse... but three separate phone calls EVERY day? I can pretty much set a clock by her.

It's a petty gripe, but I needed to get it off my chest.

Today is our hottest day of the year so far at 103F. Very unusual for this area at this time of year.

Of course, our air conditioning unit woke us up at 3am this morning with loud warning beeps, and a message saying that the attic fan (??) needs servicing. Repairman is supposed to come tomorrow between 9am and 1pm. Meanwhile, we have all the shades drawn and the ceiling fans going, and it's 78F and climbing inside the house. 😅 I'm ok, but my husband is miserable; his autoimmune diseases cause him to run really, really warm (ok, scorching), so he's out at a friend's house sitting in some air conditioning.

Today is our hottest day of the year so far at 103F. Very unusual for this area at this time of year.

Of course, our air conditioning unit woke us up at 3am this morning with loud warning beeps, and a message saying that the attic fan (??) needs servicing. Repairman is supposed to come tomorrow between 9am and 1pm. Meanwhile, we have all the shades drawn and the ceiling fans going, and it's 78F and climbing inside the house. 😅 I'm ok, but my husband is miserable; his autoimmune diseases cause him to run really, really warm (ok, scorching), so he's out at a friend's house sitting in some air conditioning.

Are you at my house? lol 🤣😀. you just described my home in regards to Window Binds Closed' Fans On' & our Air cond went on @ 2:am cause I manually turned it on' after the spoiled little kitty woke me up. We have an attic fan too' I can swear its not working' asked Hubby he said it's working. Hope your AF is a quick fix and it's up and running.
I think it's going to be one hot miserable summer.

Last edited:
Ordered a really neat garden fairy grabbing a dandilion spinning ornament for my yard.

website is fake and will prob lose my money from it.

upside is that i used paypal to order it. So i didnt directly give them my cc info
I recommend reaching out to Paypal. In my experience, they have excellent customer service, and they might even give you a refund.

I get it's probably hard working odd shifts from the other spouse... but three separate phone calls EVERY day?

are they an older couple? My husband and i text every opportunity we get but a phone call seems needlessly clingy and intrusive. A text and no one needs to know what’s going on, especially if your phone is on silent.

are they an older couple?
Late 50's (?), I'm trying to remember from his last birthday, lol. Yeah, I think they're roughly 55-58 range, so I wouldn't call them "old" at all. The conversations are just dumb though, and never short, at least 20 minutes every time, mostly about what cute thing the dog did. Stuff that could be in a text or during his lunch hour. Maybe I'll suggest that they have lunch "together" every day and save the multiple phone calls.

I get so annoyed with myself when I forget to look at where my Amazon product is being shipping from!! Inevitably it's India or China which may or may not ever arrive and by the time it does (if it does) I've forgotten what I want it for!

Today's gripe: I cant upload a picture. after I select my image then select "Done" it doesn't recognize. Ive shut down IPad, logged out of "SMF" and back in, nothing seams to help. Ive downloaded a few pictures so I know how to do that. Update Fixed up-Loaded A Picture' Yay 😉💫.

Well sence I'm gripping I my as well add one more' lol 😛

Copy & Paste.
I've done it before a couple of times on my "I-pad"
highlight info, go to quote, then insert. It copy's & paste' but its not in the right format.

If someone knows the steps on how to copy & paste on a I-Pad Id appreciate it if you could guide me through it.
I'm probably missing a step' choosing the steps in the wrong order? dunno.

@ResolvableOwl he gave me instructions but it copied & paste it was the same format as when I did it.

Ok thats enough gripping for now. :videovisit:

Last edited:
Gripe: My one and only handmade by me, re-usable face mask has disappeared. I wore it to therapy on Tuesday, left it on the dash in my car as per usual, and on Thursday when I needed it again, it wasn't there. Hubby insists he did nothing with it when he filled my tires & moved the car back into the garage. I've searched everywhere inside the car, the garage, the yard, the trash, the recycle bin, the yard waste bin, (no not the yard waste bin-I should as we've both pulled weeds since then), around the parking space I used at the hospital on Tuesday (of course that was on Thursday, so not likely it would still have been there 2 days later), the laundry (which is all caught up, so it would have already turned up if it were in the laundry), my purse, my hat, everywhere visibly obvious in the house. I just cannot find it and it's so irritating.

With my thumb like it is, I can't handmake another one any time soon, because I can barely turn a doorknob with my thumb, let alone the fine work of threading a needle or pushing a needle through 3 layers of fabric, or cut with scissors. Using scissors is still difficult and painful.

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some washable face masks with ties (I cannot wear behind-the-ear masks because of my hearing aides) and they were so crappy, that I returned them. I am not going to waste my time and money ordering more in hopes I'll happen upon one that actually fits correctly. It's far too frustrating.

I still have the fabric, boning and thread from when I made the first mask, so perhaps when my therapy has progressed enough, I'll be able to sew another one, but in the meantime, I'm stuck wearing disposable masks, which at least is an alternative, but I prefer the one I spent hours making because it was a perfect fit, and I made it completely by hand, hand stitched and it's the one I've been wearing during this whole pandemic.

ETA: I told my OT that my new goal is to be able to thread a needle and to stitch through layers of cloth so I can make another mask. We will work on that on Monday. I already got my basket of sewing materials down & will sort through to pull out what I need for this project, as I will want to do some prep work prior to brining it in on Monday.

Last edited:
Got another diagnosis yesterday. I have POTs. Postural Orthostatic Tacy...taci....I forget how to spell the last. And I'm too lazy this morning to look it up. I didn't sleep last night. My gripe is....I've been telling doctors and my family for years something was wrong that way, and it took till I was 39 to get the diagnosis. And the dang heart doctors didn't even want to do the test to confirm it. They read over my list of symptoms I've been carrying in my purse, looked over my other test results, and said yeah you have it. While all the other doctors have been saying no you have to have that test to confirm it.

And the treatment is exercise, lots of water, and compression garments. Which is a good thing I know. But my autoimmune disorder basically attacks my body if I sweat. The site they sent me to says I have to get my heart up to a certain speed every day multiple times a week, but how am I supposed to do that when my other disease will attack me and leave me with open wounds and needing more surgeries if I break out in a sweat? Not all the time, but it's the root cause.

Does anyone know any good low sweat exercises? I was thinking yoga. I have to do them in a chair cause of my joints and I found two places on youtube that look decent.

Got another diagnosis yesterday. I have POTs. Postural Orthostatic Tacy...taci....I forget how to spell the last. And I'm too lazy this morning to look it up. I didn't sleep last night. My gripe is....I've been telling doctors and my family for years something was wrong that way, and it took till I was 39 to get the diagnosis. And the dang heart doctors didn't even want to do the test to confirm it. They read over my list of symptoms I've been carrying in my purse, looked over my other test results, and said yeah you have it. While all the other doctors have been saying no you have to have that test to confirm it.

And the treatment is exercise, lots of water, and compression garments. Which is a good thing I know. But my autoimmune disorder basically attacks my body if I sweat. The site they sent me to says I have to get my heart up to a certain speed every day multiple times a week, but how am I supposed to do that when my other disease will attack me and leave me with open wounds and needing more surgeries if I break out in a sweat? Not all the time, but it's the root cause.

Does anyone know any good low sweat exercises? I was thinking yoga. I have to do them in a chair cause of my joints and I found two places on youtube that look decent.
tachycardia (means fast heart rate) syndrome

Yes, simple yoga won't produce a lot of sweat, but some asanas can, so start off with beginner yoga and don't push yourself too hard. Stay away from Hot Yoga if you don't want to sweat. ;)

Isometrics shouldn't cause you to sweat as long as you don't push it to the point that you create excessive resistance. Some isometric exercises might require position changes, but so does everyday living. If you are able and your health insurance covers it, I suggest asking your doctor to refer you to Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy to help develop the best exercise program for you. There is a physician in Dallas who has developed a protocol that your doc may have already mentioned. If not, you may find this interesting:
https://www.medbridgeeducation.com/...uation-treatment-and-the-covid-19-connection/
And here is another good resource: Dysautonomia International: Exercises for Dysautonomia Patients

Low impact walking is a good one, as well. I know it's hard to walk outdoors in Texas this time of year without sweating, so if you can find an indoor place to walk, like an indoor Mall, that would be best. Remember the Mall Walking trend that started up back in the 60's I think it was? The CDC even has a 'Mall Walking Program Resource Guide' with annotated research.

Another low-impact and low sweat exercise is pool exercise, which even if you sweat, being in a pool can help alleviate that issue. If available near you, maybe you can join organized pool exercise classes. Maybe at the YWCA or a community pool. Some insurance companies even provide support or discounts for joining gyms. So I'd suggest looking into that, too. Sometimes just paying the fee for the class without joining the gym is a possibility, but that depends on the programs available near you. Our community center has programs like that where a paid membership is not required, but I know not everyone has things like that within a reasonable distance.

Just a few thoughts and references for you. I hope they help and I really encourage you to do get in touch with one of the support groups for POTS. Here are some links to help you find one that might appeal:

http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=24https://www.spoonsandbrainfog.com/home/support-groupshttps://www.rarediseasesnetwork.org/cms/autonomic/Get-Involved/Patient-Advocacy

Back