Plastic Spoons & Cups

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillybella

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to buy some plastic spoons & plastic cups today to divide my soap color mixtures in to swirl in CP. What type of plastic can I use for spoons?

On the bowls look for a 5 or a 2 inside the 3 arrows. Re: spoons - I just use my stainless steel spoons. FOs will melt some kinds of plastic (I destroyed a tablespoon that way) so I prefer to use stainless steel, wood or silicone.

I use plastic spoons and cups for color too. Just don't mix the lye with them, or use them to hold EO's or FO's.

I'm working in my basement with no water yet and carry things up/down in buckets, so I've been looking at my supplies to lighten the load. Wooden craft sticks would probably work well for EO/FO. I use glass sauce bowls and mix with kaolin clay.

I looked when I went to the market today. I looked at the Solo clear plastic cups & they only had a 1 on them. The plastic spoons didn't have any number on them. After my last episode with lip balm which melted through the plastic cup all over my stove & down into my oven! What a mess!

Anyway, I didn't buy anything.

I want something I can divide my soap mixture (oils & lye) into.

I use the clear Solo cups to mix my colorants and even with raw soap I don't have a problem with them. I also measure out my lye in them and have never had a problem. I also use little Dixie cups to mix colorants to pour into raw soap batter.

lillybella, I got some plastic paint containers from the hardware store for portioning of soap for color. They work great! Also, my Chinese take-out restaurant gives us our soup in containers that are nearly identical!! They both have a 5 in the arrows. The dollar store as well as the thrift shop have stainless spoons for about $1 around here, so I've collected a few for mixing.

I use the clear Solo cups to mix my colorants and even with raw soap I don't have a problem with them. I also measure out my lye in them and have never had a problem. I also use little Dixie cups to mix colorants to pour into raw soap batter.
I use 12 oz plastic cups most of the time for seperating my colored soap batters for swirling. The ones I use have a #6 and come from Smart & Final. Never had a problem, just do not pour straight fo or eo in them. I hate washing so many containers so I choose to use cups

Back