need reassurance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Peeps, please reassure me. I normally pour my soap, cover with plastic and a pile of towels to gel. Today I covered with an upside down cardboard box because I didn't want to mess up the top. Then I piled on the towels. Please tell me that it'll gel like normally. Thanks,

Peeps, please reassure me. I normally pour my soap, cover with plastic and a pile of towels to gel. Today I covered with an upside down cardboard box because I didn't want to mess up the top. Then I piled on the towels. Please tell me that it'll gel like normally. Thanks,

Even if it doesn't, it's a worthwhile experiment!

I have one of those pizza delivery insulated bags because I used to make food for a group and had to transport it and keep it warm, so now I use it to gel the soap. I cover the soap with a cardboard lid, put it in the insulated pizza bag, then cover that with towels and let it sit a couple of days. It has always turned out well. I don't have good luck covering the soap with plastic wrap because it always touches the soap and leaves a mark. Maybe I don't know quite how to do that right.

And…. ???? How does it look?
It’s too late for this batch but I wanted to add, a lot depends on your room temperature. I was curing my soap in the garage, in an insulated box with a heating pad. That works great spring through fall. When winter hit that’s no longer sufficient as the garage gets really cold. Now I cure my soap in my heated soap room. It’s only about 40 out there but that’s warm enough.

Latest posts

Back