Patchouli Overload

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubblyRose

Reaction score
I made this for my daughter because she absolutely loves Patch. I think it stinks like molded grass but anway. I call it Patchouli Sunrise. I would love to know if anyone else has tried this combo and their thoughts on it.

1 TBSP Patchouli
1 tsp Jasmine Absolute
1 tsp Ylang Ylang
1 tsp Lavender
1 tsp Rose Absolute

It sounds incredibly expensive!

You might want to make up a sample blend using drops on a coffee filter or cotton ball to correspond to the parts per recipe. Put it in a ziploc and sniff it a day or two later and then adjust as needed. Those are pretty pricey fragrance ingredients should you not like the end result.

Ylang and Rose will also make your soap accelerate and heat so be prepared to soap cool and move fast.

Some patch blends that I like which are simpler and very nice are:

patch and folded orange EO
patch, cedar & lavender
patch and orange with a hint of cinnamon and clove - this is a nice scent for the holidays.

Good luck!

Judy moody your blends sound beatiful what are the measurement how many grams or ounces do you use of each blend.

I think that Patchouli smells like dirty moss and cannot imagine why it sells so well. However, as a blender, it is wonderful! My top seller is a blend of patch and rose with a very mild note of lavender. I also mix patch with blueberry and raspberry.

om, I hate patch also, the ones I have are in tripled ziplocked! I finally sold my last one, a guy wanted 9 bars and backed out.

I love patchouli, but I would not use it alone. I am loving our vanilla patchouli blend. I use a vanilla FO and patchouli EO, ratio is about 6:1

Latest posts

Back