ouch!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolly777

Reaction score
oh my does that it hurt. I was soaping like normal when the bottom of my mold came off and a nice fresh batch of soap went all over my legs and chest. Thank God I was wearing long pants, and all the protective clothing and gear. I still got burned but it's not what it could have been.

So yes accidents do happen even when you've been soaping for a long time. If it wasn't for me wearing my protective gear I be in the ER with very bad burns.

Don't ever let your guard down. Gear up before you soap. Safety is # 1.

dagmar88 said:
:? wow, how could that happen? Glad you're okay...

It was a PVC pipe mold. I used a end cap and apparently I didn't secure it enough. So when I picked it up to relocate the end cap fell off and you know the rest.

I have officially proven that I can't soap late at night. lol

dolly777 said:
dagmar88 said:
:? wow, how could that happen? Glad you're okay...

It was a PVC pipe mold. I used a end cap and apparently I didn't secure it enough. So when I picked it up to relocate the end cap fell off and you know the rest.
I did the same thing, but thankfully was still holding the mold over the counter when it let loose.

It was one of my 3 episodes that eventually taught me not to soap barefoot.

:lol: Starring Ian, Carebear and me
(I've done topless soaping at 39 degree C and accidentally showed the pics on my digicam to my grandma) :oops: :oops: :oops:

dagmar88 said:
:lol: Starring Ian, Carebear and me
(I've done topless soaping at 39 degree C and accidentally showed the pics on my digicam to my grandma) :oops: :oops: :oops:

i'll use the internet meme "pics or it didn't happen"
also
the male soapers need a SMF calendar!

Glad you were spared a bad burn. Thank you for sharing the "lessons learned" and reminding us. With the warm weather upon us, it would be so easy to discard the long sleeves, pants and shoes.

Take care,

April

I actually prefer short sleeves and a plastic apron.
Much easier to rinse off raw soap than to have to pull your sweater over your head...

Yes, a good apron is a great idea.

I am always on the hunt for the perfect soaping garb especially for the hot weather since our house doesn't have air conditioning.

dagmar88 said:
I actually prefer short sleeves and a plastic apron.
Much easier to rinse off raw soap than to have to pull your sweater over your head...

ditto I soap in short sleeves the long ones get in the way. Steamy goggles is the biggest prob in summer have to get a McEnroe style headband

Oh my goodness! Thankfully you are okay! My husband always laughs at me with my ugly shoes and long sleeve pearl snap denim shirt, bandana, face mask and goggles, but i'm semi-accident prone without caustic soap in the mix. Thank you for sharing, it really helps to remind us that we can't let our guard down and get too comfy.

I've also had the caps come off of PVC pipe. I never got any one me though, just on my boots.... and the kitchen floor came out *really* clean that day :D

Back