Getting ready for our event

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folk,

I've had a busy few days recently. Making candles and labelling & packaging soaps. I thought you might like to see the result. The event is on Sunday and these items will be offered as gifts for people donating funds to help a refugee family.

IMG_0884.jpeg

In all we have over 60 candles and about the same in soaps. It's the biggest single gathering of things I've made ever. 😝

I can't describe how my house smells! But then, I guess I don't have to. You guys will understand!

One other thing, I made a small batch of Goat's Milk soap this afternoon. I got a bit carried away in the mixing and got a splash of raw soap on the end of my nose. I didn't notice for a while and now I have a small black chemical burn there. A cautionary tale about wearing protective equipment even for small batches.

Stay safe out there.

Hi Dibbles,

Thanks for the positive feedback. I bought the giant tea bags on Temu. I wanted to avoid plastic wrappings despite their ability to preserve fragrance. These soaps will be gone in a couple of days so these bags work well. I measured the bars and bought bags I thought would work but they were too small. I have the biggest ones now for soaps measuring 70mm x 65mm x 15mm. They're a bit roomy but look fine and you can smell the soap through the bag - which I like. The link above should take you to the item I bought.

I also bought the labels on the same site.

HTH

@Grantxw8 thank you! I am also looking for something other than plastic and this looks like a good option. I have quite a few soap boxes left, but am looking for alternatives once those are gone. I don't sell, and I like this idea.

I bought the giant tea bags on Temu.
Great idea! Thanks. Your display is not only lovely but eye catching. Well done!
I got a bit carried away in the mixing and got a splash of raw soap on the end of my nose. I didn't notice for a while and now I have a small black chemical burn there.
TIP: For lye burns and other burns and itchies, I keep a 2 oz. bottle of 5% Lavender EO in jojoba oil handy on my kitchen shelf. Just a drop soothes and the skin heals without scarring. :thumbs:

I hope all your donors are as generous as you are! GOOD LUCK! and many blessings!

Great idea! Thanks. Your display is not only lovely but eye catching. Well done!

TIP: For lye burns and other burns and itchies, I keep a 2 oz. bottle of 5% Lavender EO in jojoba oil handy on my kitchen shelf. Just a drop soothes and the skin heals without scarring. :thumbs:

I hope all your donors are as generous as you are! GOOD LUCK! and many blessings!
Thanks for the tip on lye burns. I'll definitely try that.

Your assortment and packaging look really great.
I thank you for the kind words. 👍

@Grantxw8 thank you! I am also looking for something other than plastic and this looks like a good option. I have quite a few soap boxes left, but am looking for alternatives once those are gone. I don't sell, and I like this idea.
I'm curious about the soap boxes. What do they look like?

Everything looks terrific and you’re terrific for putting it together. I hope the event goes well and you “sell“ out.

I just bought similar paper/non-woven bags through Amazon along with some larger and smaller reusable cotton tea bags that are made out of a close woven gauze-like material. I put a lot of my soap in glassine bags, but it really wrinkles, which I don’t like. I also use boxes, but they’re a little pricey at 35-40 cents a box depending on how many I buy. If you search “soap box” on Amazon they will pop up. There are various sizes for various sizes and shapes of soap, e.g. rectangular vs. square bars, and with or without a window.

Beautiful assortment and display. Love the tea bags for soap, but question: does your label tend to fall off the bag?
That was something I was concerned about when I bought the bags (under $5/100 so not too worried). but it hasn't been a problem. Some of my small ingredient labels got rubbed off because of the way I packed and transported them. Otherwise all good.

Hi folk,

I've had a busy few days recently. Making candles and labelling & packaging soaps. I thought you might like to see the result. The event is on Sunday and these items will be offered as gifts for people donating funds to help a refugee family.

View attachment 73822

In all we have over 60 candles and about the same in soaps. It's the biggest single gathering of things I've made ever. 😝

I can't describe how my house smells! But then, I guess I don't have to. You guys will understand!

One other thing, I made a small batch of Goat's Milk soap this afternoon. I got a bit carried away in the mixing and got a splash of raw soap on the end of my nose. I didn't notice for a while and now I have a small black chemical burn there. A cautionary tale about wearing protective equipment even for small batches.

Stay safe out there.
Beautiful products and display! So happy that you’re helping a refugee family ❤️

Latest posts

Back