OMG I can't get this guy to understand base oils VS scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aab1

Reaction score
This guy wants me to make soap as a gift for someone he knows. I told him I currently use either olive and/or coconut oil as the base oils, and then he can decide what scented oils to add.

So he asks which scents I have now so I say "orange, lemon, spearmint, lavender".

So then he says ok I'll take 1 coconut soap, 1 olive soap and 1 lavender soap.

So I explain again the coconut and olive is just the base ingredient that becomes the soap, they aren't for scents. I've tried to explain it several times, but he asked again which scents I have and I say again "orange, lemon, spearmint, lavender".

So he goes "you don't have coconut or olive anymore"?

I even tried to explain like the coconut and olive are like flour that make up a cake and the lavender oil for example is like the vanilla flavoring in the cake.

He still doesn't get it, does anyone have a simple way of explaining this?

Thanks

Hehe. I have no advice. Just want to sympathize with you! Good luck.

Let me understand this. You are going to make soap specifically for someone and you can succinctly explain your process in a way a layman can understand?

Wow. Just wow.

Are you certain you even know exactly what you're doing and why?

Also, what are you using to fix your citrus eos?

Deda said:
Let me understand this. You are going to make soap specifically for someone and you can succinctly explain your process in a way a layman can understand?

Wow. Just wow.

I did explain it several times to him, he just doesn't get it.

And you know what, I've never seen a site with a moderator as rude as you.

I'm done wasting my time here, when the moderator is that rude with the ones supporting the site there's no hope for success nor do you deserve any.

Please ban me from the forum, I've had it with being treated like crap by moderators.

aab1 said:
Deda said:

Wow. Just wow.

I'm done wasting my time here, when the moderator is that rude with the ones supporting the site there's no hope for success nor do you deserve any.

Please ban me from the forum, I've had it with being treated like crap by moderators.

I have to say, I kind of agree. My very first post on here I asked a question, albeit a kind of silly question, but the moderator responded in a very belittling manner. Yikes!

Have you tried explain it in man terms?

Coconut and Olive oil are two different types of cars, and each car needs to have rims, the rims will go on either car but are useless by themselves. The rims are the EOs.

jillmarie said:
I have to say, I kind of agree. My very first post on here I asked a question, albeit a kind of silly question, but the moderator responded in a very belittling manner. Yikes!

:?: The only moderator who had (until now) responded to any of your posts was IL, congratulating you.

Regarding the OP, really - you need to back away from selling soaps (or not selling them but approximating selling soaps) until you know what you are doing. For your sake as much as the customers'/recipients' sake. We get tired of saying it, and sometimes we just flat out tell someone. You don't have to like it, but safety is our top priority.

aab1 said:

why would we ban you? if you don't wish to participate then simply don't - the door will remain open should you wish to come back.

aab1 said:
Deda said:

Wow. Just wow.

As you wish.

As for mods and admin being rude; when a new member joins our group it's a joy, unless that member shows up declaring their intention to begin selling from the get go. We try to gently steer those individuals towards learning rather than merely copycatting. Those individuals who continue to stir the pot turn out to be trolls 99% of the time. Do you really think we want to be seen as grumpy bitches? The admins may come across as less than darling in an effort to keep this forum from turning into a jumble of misinformation and dangerous advice.

So, you think I'm mean? You're welcome.

It's not because someone is new to the forum that they are new to soap making (I started about 2.5 years ago). You act like only your older members know how to make soap.

In case you didn't know, there are many soap makers that never even heard of your forum, can you imagine that? You aren't the god of soap making and people can know how to make soap without having been a member of your forum.

And I've seen many others disgusted at how you treat your users.

Re: OMG I can't get this guy to understand base oils VS scen

aab1 said:
This guy wants me to make soap as a gift for someone he knows. I told him I currently use either olive and/or coconut oil as the base oils, and then he can decide what scented oils to add.

So he asks which scents I have now so I say "orange, lemon, spearmint, lavender".

So then he says ok I'll take 1 coconut soap, 1 olive soap and 1 lavender soap.

So I explain again the coconut and olive is just the base ingredient that becomes the soap, they aren't for scents. I've tried to explain it several times, but he asked again which scents I have and I say again "orange, lemon, spearmint, lavender".

So he goes "you don't have coconut or olive anymore"?

I even tried to explain like the coconut and olive are like flour that make up a cake and the lavender oil for example is like the vanilla flavoring in the cake.

He still doesn't get it, does anyone have a simple way of explaining this?

Thanks

Maybe he just wanted a plain olive oil soap & a plain coconut oil soap and then a lavender scented soap.

Dear sweet aab1, your attention grabbing antics have come to an end. We wish you well in your endeavors. Good bye.

aab1 said:
It's not because someone is new to the forum that they are new to soap making (I started about 2.5 years ago). You act like only your older members know how to make soap.

It's not about time, it's about expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back