old soap bits

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Genny said:
Also, If you're just using the regular food coloring from McCormick the ingredients are water, propylene glycol, propylparaben and whatever FD&C colorant.

Interesting ingredients. It's been awhile since I've bought food coloring. My sister used to bake and decorate cakes and she was very particular about what she used. So if I had to have some food coloring, I'd just swipe it from her. (Yes, I'm a bad sister.) :lol:

alabama49 said:
Ever since I learned that most of the red coloring in our food stuff comes from bugs, I can hardly eat anything with red/pink, etc. in it!!

I wouldnt worry about it if its the bug part that bothers you. the color is extracted by solvents and then the bug parts are tossed. personally im more concerned with the solvents and petroleum based colorants...

I shave small scraps and roll them to make my own potpourri.
IMAG0895-1.jpg

Those look dangerous, imagine someone passing by thinking it is candy...
Beside that: awesome idea!

Yeah I had a friend ask if she could borrow the bowl the next time she had a party just to watch people eat some! :shock: It does look like ribbon candy.

Hazel said:
I don't rebatch soap bits. I put them in an organza bag and use it in the shower. I like using the organza bag because it's slightly exfoliating and increases the lather.

This is something similar to what I do. My very first crochet project was a soap saver bag. You just slip the bar of soap inside, pull the drawstring tight and use that in the shower. When the soap sliver gets really small you just drop in another bar of soap. They are very easy to make, you can find patterns ALL over the internet for various styles.

I put them in a confetti soap or use them to decorate the tops of soap.

Oils are too expensive to waste. :)

Latest posts

Back