Okay got it up...now I need help with formatting!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this up so far:

Www.Baybreezebodyworks.com

My next step is I would like to add some formatting stuff to make it look more professional.... I need some help with adding that...

I want to make this website look more professional ...any ideas!?!?! or anyone have a sec to tinker with it !?!

I want to add a divider bar to separate my top title text from my body, and maybe two vertical columns on either side of the page (these are just for asthetic purposes, im not talking about a menu bar...I may have an RSS feed or some other text floating over the vertical bars but other than that...

I want to make it look real nice :)...

Alright so tear it up, I want feedback and or advice from anyone willing! :)

And thank you in advance!

Well, I clicked massage. Got a phone number.
Where is that phone located? I wonder.
What time zone?
Is it near me?
I better leave this website.

CastorFan said:
Well, I clicked massage. Got a phone number.
Where is that phone located? I wonder.
What time zone?
Is it near me?
this website.

Wow your post was real helpful....

....ok there is no link called "massage" on my website nor any number listed on the page for Services ...if thats the link you were talking about, the phone number is on the Contact page, and what difference does it make what time zone or where the phone number is located or whether or not it is located near you!?!?

I asked about adding FORMATTING not about where my phone number is located...

Castorfan does have a bit of a point. You have no address or business hours, but include a phone number. Trust me on this one, if you don't want someone calling you at 3am 1,000 times for an URGENT massage, I'd be clear what your hours are. :lol: I've had people call me for extreme fabric related emergencies at that time. IMO there is no such thing as a fabric emergency, especially at 3am, but you'd be surprised what people on the WWW think can't wait a few hours.

Your site looks like a good start! Are you planning on adding more photos and graphics? I find it helpful when building a website to consider it your real life store. The product photos are the only way people online can see your items and get a visual image of your business. Good photos can make or break a sale. Just look how many people here love the photo section of this site, personally I'm addicted! People love photos. Even with a service like massage photos give people an idea what to expect. Google massage in your area and you can get an idea what others are doing and see what you like/dislike.

Other than that, which I know is a lot, I'd have a lot of different people with different monitors look at your site. With it all being shades of blue it may be hard to read for some people depending on their monitors. Good luck!

oh how I wish you lived closer! I would so get a massage!

I would change the font. Something like tahoma or verdana or arial works well.

I think you also need some kind of graphics. Maybe some stones (you know massage stones) or something like that.

You could also get inspired (or get) one of these templates:

http://templates.entheosweb.com/Massage.asp

Are you planning on adding a forum?

Wow, I would buy one of those great templates. They are cheap too. You can change the colors, photos, font, etc but will save you loads of time.

Thank you very much for your replies!!

I absolutely plan on adding some photos and graphics, Im not sure whether to do it in CSS as a stylesheet for the whole site and then edit each individual page or something like that, I definitely want to add some styling, Im just not sure how to do that..im soooooo nooob lol, never ever done this before

My hours are somewhat flexible, i do see the point cause I dont want someone calling me at all hours of the night, and as for storefront, since its a mobile massage practice, there is none! :)... so Im not putting an address in there, just my phone/email information.

Yes I do plan on adding a forum, I would love the site to be a sort of portal for some of the people at my school to use for notes and such, I took many many notes in school and ya know what they say.... teaching is the best way to learn!?! :) i want to keep all my knowledge fresh so i thought hosting a forum on my site may be a good way to do that! :)
...Thank you very much for your ideas and critique! dont hold back! :)

Ian

In the home section, people will have to see exactly who you are. If they don't understand who you are in seconds, or the first page looks unprofessional, they're gone.
All of your site is blue; look for a contrasting color to make everything more interesting. Also place some pics of your building, massaging hands, materials etc.

In the about section I'd center the text a bit more and place a scroll; also place a pic from you, or you performing a massage. This will look more trustworthy. I'm not just letting anyone touch my body, so I'd like to see them before I go over to their salon :wink:

On the service page, I'd choose to place a link for each type of massage; like swedish, and place 2 scheme's for signature and deep tissue prices. Personally I'd start from 30 minutes. Of course you are the pro; but I know lots of people that just don't have time to lay down for at least an hour...
I'd place a special section for children and perhaps baby massage.

Whish you the best :D

(just curious, what is the link between massage & food ?)

thanks much!! :)

Im going to be working on making a CSS style sheet for my site, once I do that I think Im going to sit down and sift through all these tips/advice and try them out! :)

How do I even add a scroll bar!?!?! lol.... noooooooooooooooobiness

the vertical scrollbar will come automatically with your content

Back