Nopales (cactus) soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

whitewitchbeauty

Reaction score
I bought some Nopales (cactus) at the farmers market and I thought I'd use it as an additive in some cp soap this weekend. (Dont worry i remove the prickly stuff haha) Has anyone tried this?ImageUploadedBySoap Making1445640021.049940.jpg

whitewitchbeauty

Reaction score
I scraped off the thorny parts and then cut it into small pieces, boiled it for a couple minutes, and Then I strained it in a colander. finally wrapped it in some cheesecloth. I'm going to try to use it like I would a teabag in the lye. This is all going down tomorrow on Saturday.

It smells like jalapeño peppers but it isn't hot, it has the same consistency as canned green beans.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I would worry the cheese cloth will dissolve in the lye. What I would do is place some chopped up cactus in a blender with a little water and puree it, then strain the chunks out and use that liquid.

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Totally off subject, but I ate the fruit of this cactus for the first time this week and it is AMAZING! It is neon pink and tastes similar to watermelon, but not exactly. I am now addicted.

Latest posts