Nopales (cactus) soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitewitchbeauty

Reaction score
I bought some Nopales (cactus) at the farmers market and I thought I'd use it as an additive in some cp soap this weekend. (Dont worry i remove the prickly stuff haha) Has anyone tried this? ImageUploadedBySoap Making1445640021.049940.jpg

I scraped off the thorny parts and then cut it into small pieces, boiled it for a couple minutes, and Then I strained it in a colander. finally wrapped it in some cheesecloth. I'm going to try to use it like I would a teabag in the lye. This is all going down tomorrow on Saturday.

It smells like jalapeño peppers but it isn't hot, it has the same consistency as canned green beans.

I would worry the cheese cloth will dissolve in the lye. What I would do is place some chopped up cactus in a blender with a little water and puree it, then strain the chunks out and use that liquid.

Totally off subject, but I ate the fruit of this cactus for the first time this week and it is AMAZING! It is neon pink and tastes similar to watermelon, but not exactly. I am now addicted.

Back