Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemma

Reaction score
Hello from Australia.
I started making cold process soap some years ago, but life went and came along and the soap stopped. Have just restarted and am loving the science experiments (hot process) soap. I actually had a volcanic eruption last night. Quite exciting. Took nearly 2 hours to clean up. What have I learned?
There are very good reasons for all the safety precautions
Safety precautions.
Sometimes it just happens.
Have rechecked my recipe on soap calc. all good. I know I weighed accurately. The only bone of contention is my thermometer. Out by about 8 degrees. Maybe it all got a bit hot??
Really interesting result though. Could call it 2 minute HP Benchtop soap.
Gemma

Welcome! I've had a two minute oven process, I fond out later that is was WAY too much sugar and really heated things up! I do it on the counter now, to keep an eye on things, way too much of an oven mess!!

welcomexxxzzz.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Have had a little time of as family health issues determined my time to be used elsewhere.
My HPsoap was done in a very large boiler only about 1/10th full No sugar was used and no heat applied after I mixed the lye into the oils.
Havn't had it happen again (thank goodness) although I have been admiring my beautiful clean floor, bench etc and wondering ???

Latest posts

Back