New Soaper in Orlando

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendejm

Reaction score
Hello all!

I’ve been lurking in the shadows for a few weeks - reading everything I can on this great site! I felt it was time to come out of the shadows and introduce myself.

I am very new to soapmaking and have made a total of 7 batches so far (including one EPIC fail). I started making soap for a few reasons:

1 - I was tired of commercial soaps and their ingredients.

2 - I own an airbnb and wanted to provide a better soap to my guests. I throw so much soap away using store bought bars and I decided I could create soap that matched my Airbnb brand and was appropriate in size for my guests - hotel size too small and full bars too large.

3 - I retired at 52 and decided I needed a hobby. This has proven to be so much more than a hobby. It’s my “Zen Time” when I make soap. It teaches me patience; inspires my creativity; and fulfills the analytical side with the formulas and numbers.

4 - It’s fun and I can do it as much or as little as I like. And I reap the rewards every time I or others use my soap.

So hello! I looking forward to learning and sharing from and with all of you!

John

Welcome John. My daughter and has an Airbnb on Oahu. I just sent her two batches of guest soap made with M&P.

Latest posts

Back