New here from Mexico

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adobehead

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am so happy to have found this place, it was this morning and already I don't remember what brought SoapMakingForun to my screen, but as soon as I saw it, I ran over here and joined. I started making soap in the 90's, I learned on a list called SoapNuts, with Camille and Becky, miss them, any veterans here? and have been all by my lonely self for decades. I moved to a foreign country where I didn't speak the language and soon met a maker of skin care products, who sells in all the face-to-face markets we have around here (Central México). So I drove back to Los Angeles and got my big pots, returned and have been making soap here for about 8 or 9 years and my friend sells it. Good deal! There are some newer, younger soapmakers here, I love meeting them and buying their products, but still, I am a gnarley old soaper and I think mine is the best. With the extreme case of dry skin, now ageing, I have to have a mild soap! I use things like rhassoul clay, goat's milk, salt, powdered leaf and only essential oils for fragrance. I am swirl challenged!!! Always have been and I bow to those of you displaying those beautiful swirls. I am a speckle girl. that's it. Thanks for letting me sit in and be reminded that there is still so much to learn. It's fun!

Welcome, Adobehead! I expect you are fluent in the language after almost a decade. My son moved to Mexico for a few years and went from high school Spanish to fluent pretty quickly and now is bi-lingual in many of his employment situations.

It's great to meet you and I look forward to your participation on the forum.

Welcome! I love the older more seasoned soapers. You have lots of knowledge that you can still share. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful work.

Welcome.gif

You know what they say... Old soapers never die; they just lye around! So happy to have you here.

Hola Adobehead! I also lived in Mexico for a short time - in Irapuato, Guanajuato which sounds like it might be close to where you are if you are 'central'? I taught English there at a private language school.
Bien venida!
I just now stumbled upon this reply to my initial post and yes, Irapuato is very near here. Wow, great to know that we have almost crossed paths sort of! I am in San Miguel de Allende about 90 miles away from there. Gracias, es bueno conocerte.

Back