Need advice on craft table

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapGrove

Reaction score
Hi all I purchased some items for my craft fair table. I think it's too much stuff on the table? I need to get a tablecloth that is long to cover but not sure what color to go with. I do a lot of brown green black and whites for my soap company. I was thinking of putting lip balms with signs in the smaller double green planter, soap samples in the taller green planter, some soaps and other products in the wooden shelving thingy and rows of soaps in the suitcases with an op...en sample outside. I am looking for advice on placement, and what to get rid or / what to keep/ or if I should start from scratch because I can return all of these items if needed. The black sign has the pricing cards on it but I am going to print the text a little bigger and use cardstock for that. Sorry about the bad lighting...it's not bright enough outside yet Thanks!
1507340_10203064916077592_414700902444107186_o.jpg

1898706_10203064915957589_2972827239009826661_o.jpg

1504435_10203064916317598_8547571415013751096_o.jpg

Wow, you've got some great pieces there! Love the suitcases, the planters and the wooden shelf. Yes, you want a table cloth that covers your table and goes all the way to the floor. I like a solid color, so that it doesn't distract from what you're selling. Just my opinion, but I like something colorful, instead of neutral, I think it attracts the eye better. Since you have a lot of brown in your display pieces, how about green?

Again, just my opinion, but I would eliminate or move the double planter (how cute is that?!) at the center of the table. I think you need some flat area for contrast. And I would definitely make sure your signage is prominent. Some people will not ask prices, and may just walk away. It also saves time, if you have a lot of people at your table at once, you don't have to keep telling everyone what the prices are.

If it's in your budget, I would also get a banner that goes across the front of your table. If not, you can always make one. How about, I can't think of what they're called, the ones that are triangles on a string? I'm sure you know what I mean, they have one letter of your name on each triangle thingy?

Great start, I think your table is going to look fabulous. Even if I didn't want to buy soap, I'd come over to look at those cute suitcases or planters.......then I'd start looking at the soap and buy some! Please be sure to post pics of the finished table. I can't wait to see what it looks like!

Thank you yes I was thinking a green table cloth and I was going to make or get a bunting sign to hang in front. This is my first craft show so I don't want to spend the extra money on one that is a large banner. Plus I think we are moving or may move (we find out in 3 weeks) so I don't want to get a banner now with a city and state on it and then move LOL. Thanks I will have put some product on here with table cloth and see what it looks like now :)

And when you're happy with the way the table looks, take a picture of it, so that when you go to set up at the craft fair, you will have a reference, because you'll be excited and nervous, and you won't remember where everything went. Your table will look beautiful! I was so clueless when I did my first craft fair, I just had a tablecloth and my soap on top of it. That's it! I cringe when I think of it now. lol I'm surprised I made any sales at all. You're light years ahead of where I was. Bring paper and pen so that you can take notes, that first time is all important as a learning experience. And you'll be so excited, it will be hard to remember afterwards, so write your thoughts down. Woo hoo.....I'm excited for you!!!

Yes I say green as well. You have some fabulous pieces. Even if I had no idea what you were selling from a distance I would walk over to look at your display items. Great job! I am sure you are going to do great, and I am so excited for you. Have an AWSOME show!

And when you're happy with the way the table looks, take a picture of it, so that when you go to set up at the craft fair, you will have a reference, because you'll be excited and nervous, and you won't remember where everything went. Your table will look beautiful! I was so clueless when I did my first craft fair, I just had a tablecloth and my soap on top of it. That's it! I cringe when I think of it now. lol I'm surprised I made any sales at all. You're light years ahead of where I was. Bring paper and pen so that you can take notes, that first time is all important as a learning experience. And you'll be so excited, it will be hard to remember afterwards, so write your thoughts down. Woo hoo.....I'm excited for you!!!

Thank you so much! :)

Back