Need a good sugar scrub recipe... please help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyLu

Reaction score
I made some brown sugar scrub and it has turned hard in the tight sealed jars.... does anyone have a good recipe that has a good shelf life. I want to carry sugar scrubs in my store but not if I can't keep them from getting hard.

Dusty, Welcome to our forum.

As you spend more time here reading and getting to know some of us you'll probably pick up a few tips and hopefully be able to share some of your own!

What was your reciope for the Brown Sugar Scrub? How long did it sit in the jar? Maybe we can figure out why it got hard.

I could be wrong, but I believe that the hardness is due to the brown sugar. I found a bag of brown sugar that I purchased a few years ago and forgot all about, and it's hard as a rock.

Try your same recipe with white sugar, and see what happens when you let it sit the same amount of time as your brown sugar scrub.

flowerpower said:
I could be wrong, but I believe that the hardness is due to the brown sugar. I found a bag of brown sugar that I purchased a few years ago and forgot all about, and it's hard as a rock.

Try your same recipe with white sugar, and see what happens when you let it sit the same amount of time as your brown sugar scrub.

Had the same thing; it's probably humidity. In a very well sealed package brown sugar doesn't seem to harden.

It really depends on the recipe...

Latest posts

Back