My week of swirls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynnz

Crafty Addict
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think swirling is one of the most exciting soap logs to cut as you never know how it is all going to turn out
008.jpg

This is made with a dupe of Karma by L**H and is fast becoming one of my favourites

020.jpg

Black dupe by K C**E my sons favourite

014.jpg

This one is fragranced with the dupe burberry for men and smells soooo good I will be using this one myself
015.jpg

This is another scented with the dupe of Karma for a friend who wants some blue to go with her bathroom

Swirling is so much fun!!!!! I am never patient with waiting to cut

oooohh...pretty! I love love love the karma one. Good job :)

Question (if you dont mind sharing advice)..how do you get your tops like that without it getting flat by insulating it and how do you get it to prevent soda ash?

I've done textured tops, but not that deep for fear of soda ash on top. Plus when I cover the top with my plastic wrap, a little bit of the plastic touches that top of the "peaks" and flatten it a bit.

Hi dopersoaper I did the same thing tried gladwrap ect and now I don't cover at all...........I am not sure if this makes a difference as I have read that humidity possibly plays a part, I put my soap into the fridge as soon as it hits the mold as I use goatsmilk in all my batches and spray every batch with Isopropryl Alcohol as well.............It seems since taking this approach I have less occurances of ashing but I haven't mananged to totally escape it either.............you could give this a try and see how it works, would be great if it helped :)
Chrissy you made me blush!!! I am soaping like crazy as have an order for 300 soaps. Untill now I have not sold but decided this christmas to cash in on some of the trade that happens this time of the year. I am very naughty and buy from several suppliers in the USA including daystar, elements (formally Rhonda's oils), backwaters, bitter creek north and scentworks to name but a few :oops:
I am going to give etsy a go, for the experience more than looking for sales and cannot wait to get it all set up. I have registered with nicnas and now would like to recoup some of that fee they charge :)

Lyn I know what you mean....I just placed a huge order with big tree, and DH keeps saying "you are going to at least try to make some of this money back, right?....Maybe".
Do you import your own fo's from the us? Is that a long drawn out process? Not to mention expensive?
A lot of the fo's that you mention, Karen carries at Big Tree, would it be more economical for you to order through her?

Nice swirls and colors!

Your first soap looks like my handmade cookies....lumpy and natural-looking; but your last soap is trimmed like my soap bars. How do you wrap the lumpy ones?

Latest posts

Back