My soap cutter arrives tomorrow!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
This is what I've been waiting to cut into 1'' slices -

From left to right...
Bay Rum with coconut milk
Simply oatmeal with coconut milk
Cashmere Silk with goat milk
Lavender Cream with coconut milk
Amber Romance with real cream
Chocolate Oatmeal with coconut milk

This is the beginnings of converting my bars into rounds so I can get more out of one batch. I will get even more bars per batch when I start cutting them in 1" slices vs. 1 1/4". ( to compare, I can get 10 soaps in one batch vs. just 5 bars from the same batch amount) I will be reducing the prices for all soaps @ $5 each to compensate for the smaller size. I have cut a 1" sample slice and the more I use it, the more I am falling in love with my smaller round soaps! They are the perfect size for my hands. i hope my customers will agree. I will be keeping about a dozen bar soap varieties still because I cannot do a zebra swirl or other creative designs in a pvc pipe!

P4040143.jpg

Wow, those are beautiful! I would be going crazy wanting to cut them! I hope that my new mold and cutter arrive soon so I can start cutting a little straighter!

Wow, those are beautiful! I would be going crazy wanting to cut them! I hope that my new mold and cutter arrive soon so I can start cutting a little straighter!
I love the even slices since using these types of cutters. They all weigh the same too which is important when selling them :-D

Super pretty. They all look great. Love the embossing design too!
thank you! is it bad to say that the embossing is getting "old" to me? I was going to make them all this way, but I don't know :eh:

Gosh those are some lovely soaps!!! Go to Michael's in the cake section, they have different kinds of embossing mats to choose from!
Thank you, my store only carried 3 to chose from. A happy birthday one, the one I got and I cant seem to remember what the last one looked like but I remember not likeing it lol! It is a fun touch :-D

I've never seen that one before. let us know how it does for you. I bet that makes cutting a lot easier. Especially round soaps. I use a cheese slicer and I can't imagine trying to hold a round log steady enough to slice perfectly into it. Maybe thats just me though, I am pretty uncoordinated lol

I've never seen that one before. let us know how it does for you. I bet that makes cutting a lot easier. Especially round soaps. I use a cheese slicer and I can't imagine trying to hold a round log steady enough to slice perfectly into it. Maybe thats just me though, I am pretty uncoordinated lol
I found a cheese slicer at the Goodwill but like you said, tryig to hold steady a round log while trying to cut straight is beyond my soapie abilities! :yawn:

wowwwwwwwwwww I kneel! is also the texturing I did! and besides I have thought about doing one round soon. This afternoon the butcher gave me a hard cardboard tube that has a perfect fit for round soaps and also fit silicone. Would I recommend something particular to go well?
Sniffff, what nicer cutter

wowwwwwwwwwww I kneel! is also the texturing I did! and besides I have thought about doing one round soon. This afternoon the butcher gave me a hard cardboard tube that has a perfect fit for round soaps and also fit silicone. Would I recommend something particular to go well?
Sniffff, what nicer cutter
Besides making a great mold, I think thats how Im going to ship my round soap. The post office/staples has them, I could even cut them down to size and cap the end making more for my money. It will be interesting while I work out the shipping kinks. If I find any tips along the way, I will be sure to share :)

Back