My Sister's Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a batch I made for my sister who can't have colorants or fragrance in her soaps. I used olive oil infused with calendula for half and infused with annatto for the other half. It also has cocoa butter and coconut milk. Calendula petals are pretty on top of soap but I hate picking stuff off of my soap, so she can do it LOL.
Calendula Annatto.jpg

Looks really nice. I like calendula petals and never bother picking them off, they are soft so I just let them do their thing.

@Obsidian Thank you. I think I would just leave these few calendula petals on - I just don't want them going down the drain.

@shunt2011 Thank you - she'll be happy. She told me I don't have to make soap just for her, but I think just because she can't use fragrance and color, there's no reason she can't still have special, nice feeling soap. I just keep trying ways to pretty it up a bit.

I really like how this turned out. It's quite amazing what we will do for our sisters. The first few loaves of soap I made had sweet almond oil in them, then suddenly like a smack in the face, it dawned on me my sister wasn't going to be able to use those soaps, so I changed my recipe just for her. It was so thoughtful of you to make an entire loaf just for your sister and it looks so nice and creamy.

Latest posts

Back