My new soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcornett

Reaction score
I tried a new technique (new to me lol) with my tropical breeze, looked great at first, but I'm now discovering that coconut must discolor like vanilla, because what was a nice white bottom is now tan...and tan and yellow don't look near as nice :( . The other two are sandalwood citrus, and oakmoss sandalwood. (Mmmmm sandalwood :wink: )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those are all very pretty. Fingers crossed for your layered soap that it still shows the layers after discoloration. :D Discoloration can be such a pain for us creative types.

I really like the tan with yellow - maybe it's different in person, but in the photo it still looks nice. Sort of like sand with sun on top!

Thanks everybody!
And thanks glenolam, I never thought of that, I only thought about how those two colors clash. :wink: I feel better about it now. I just hope it doesn't get much darker. :?

Wavy layers are SO cool! Great job!!

Frustrating when scents darken, isn't it? Lost all my pink confetti in my granddaughter's pink sugar soap. I was hoping the vanilla wouldn't seep into the pink -- WRONG. She's only 7; she loves it anyway.

very frustrating! I just ordered a pink sugar from ng, but I've read so many posts that it discolors so I'm not expecting to get a pink by any means...but it would've been nice. :roll:

dcornett said:
very frustrating! I just ordered a pink sugar from ng, but I've read so many posts that it discolors so I'm not expecting to get a pink by any means...but it would've been nice. :roll:

I'm afraid you will get a dark brown with this one. You could leave some of your soap unscented and color that part. Then you could have some pink swirls or a pink layer with the brown. I have some of this FO on order and that's what I plan to do with it. I don't usually like FOs that discolor, but this one smells so yummy that I couldn't resist.

Nancy, post if you have good luck layering pink with Pink Sugar. I put (rather large, I thought) unscented bright pink chunks in it, and topped it with pink chunks. That was last October. Can hardly see any pink now, and what I do see of them is just a lighter, muddier brown. I'd post a pic, but I sent the last 3 bars home with my granddaughter. BTW, the pink turned within 2 weeks of the pour. :cry:

I love these. Very nice. I am a big fan of varied colour combinations. I believe I mentioned this in a previous post recently in that the varied colour and scent combinations remind me of my favourite soap box at London's Fortnum and Mason. It's a soap by "Heyland and Whittle". Here it is:

http://trinkette.co.uk/images/small%20b ... 0soaps.jpg

Yours remind me of this too.

I've never been able to afford a box though. LOL.

Warm regards,

Thanks BakingNana, In that case I probably won't try to get around the brown, not with this batch anyway, it's just a small trial run. :wink:

April said:
I love these. Very nice. I am a big fan of varied colour combinations. I believe I mentioned this in a previous post recently in that the varied colour and scent combinations remind me of my favourite soap box at London's Fortnum and Mason. It's a soap by "Heyland and Whittle". Here it is:

http://trinkette.co.uk/images/small%20b ... 0soaps.jpg

Yours remind me of this too.

I've never been able to afford a box though. LOL.

Warm regards,
What a great compliment...thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back