My new ones

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shivani

Reaction score
Hi all!! I made a few soaps..i just love to see creations of all you talented people..wanted to try something too..so here is what I came out with..
I need one suggestion..my friends are telling me to sell soaps..but I dont have good experience,no good molds,no soap cutter,no oxides n micas..would it not be too early or should I give it a try?

1389629815387.jpg

1389629841821.jpg

1389629886201.jpg

1389629928623.jpg

not gonna comment about selling, but i just wanna give a lil tip about cutting soaps with pencil line. instead of putting the soap top side up, place it on its side (vertically) and cut that way. this way, your pencil line ain't gonna have drag marks from the knife.

Lovely soaps. When you sell soap it up to you. You just need to be sure you have tried, tested and true recipes that you know will last in the long run. I personally did not sell until I had made soap for well over a year and knew how my soaps would last and be at 3 mos, 6 mos, 12 mos etc. I also made sure I had my insurance and tax ID etc all in place as well. It's a huge step once you decide to start. Good Luck to you!

not gonna comment about selling, but i just wanna give a lil tip about cutting soaps with pencil line. instead of putting the soap top side up, place it on its side (vertically) and cut that way. this way, your pencil line ain't gonna have drag marks from the knife.

Wow!! Thats a nice tip. Thanx! :thumbup:

Lovely soaps. When you sell soap it up to you. You just need to be sure you have tried, tested and true recipes that you know will last in the long run. I personally did not sell until I had made soap for well over a year and knew how my soaps would last and be at 3 mos, 6 mos, 12 mos etc. I also made sure I had my insurance and tax ID etc all in place as well. It's a huge step once you decide to start. Good Luck to you!

Thanx so much for your advice. selling is not that easy. :)

Hi all!! I made a few soaps..i just love to see creations of all you talented people..wanted to try something too..so here is what I came out with..
I need one suggestion..my friends are telling me to sell soaps..but I dont have good experience,no good molds,no soap cutter,no oxides n micas..would it not be too early or should I give it a try?

I think you have answered your own question about selling - you said that you dont have good experience, no good molds, no soap cutter, no oxides no micas.., so that is telling me you definitely are not ready for selling. When you have that sorted out and are confident enough to sell you won't have to ask that question - you will know. There are many other issues you have to work out as well as others above have said.

Love the middle soap and here's another tip - looks like the last one has been cut too early and is soft, so leave it longer before cutting next time.:smile:

Latest posts

Back