Help Support SoapMakingForum:

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Congrats! Let us know how it lathers.:)

zolveria

Reaction score
THAT ALOT OF GRAPESEEDS.. May be useful for a mechanics hands.. it will be very abrasive for facial use of even overall body. unless you lather it on a sponge or rag.. could be a good foot sluffing soap :)

christost7

Reaction score
The grapeseeds were ground to a powder form, so i think the scratching will not be that bad..
Anyway, i will see in 6 weeks :)

BeesKnees

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! What are the shreds on top of the bars? (Yes, I am a newbie, so please forgive the question if it is stupid.)

DeeAnna

Reaction score
I can't speak for the OP, but most people who want to do something like this will usually use dried calendula petals.

Calendula is one of very few flowers that keeps its color when used in soap. Most other flower petals or buds turn dark and sometimes rather icky looking.

Very nice! What are the shreds on top of the bars? (Yes, I am a newbie, so please forgive the question if it is stupid.)

TBandCW

Reaction score
Great job! How did you do the outer ring, or is that just the way the soap cured? (hope the question makes sense, just got up and working on that first cup of coffee)

christost7

Reaction score
Great job! How did you do the outer ring, or is that just the way the soap cured? (hope the question makes sense, just got up and working on that first cup of coffee)
Thank you!
It is just the way the soap cured, I guess it has to do with the grapeseeds discolorating more in the inside of the loaf.

DeeAnna

Reaction score
The rind of darker color may disappear over time as the soap cures fully. In my experience with soap that looks like this, the inner, lighter color usually darkens to match the rind as time goes on.