My new all-natural CP soap project

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christost7

Reaction score
My first as-natural-as-it-gets CP :)
Also my first use of (home made/rendered) lard.
Green clay, activated charcoal, ground grapeseeds, essential oils for the scent.
As usual, sorry for the poor lighting in the pics.
Feedback welcome :)

WP_20161111_14_19_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20161111_14_19_55_Pro.jpg

WP_20161111_17_10_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20161111_17_10_29_Pro.jpg

THAT ALOT OF GRAPESEEDS.. May be useful for a mechanics hands.. it will be very abrasive for facial use of even overall body. unless you lather it on a sponge or rag.. could be a good foot sluffing soap :)

Very nice! What are the shreds on top of the bars? (Yes, I am a newbie, so please forgive the question if it is stupid.)

I can't speak for the OP, but most people who want to do something like this will usually use dried calendula petals.

Calendula is one of very few flowers that keeps its color when used in soap. Most other flower petals or buds turn dark and sometimes rather icky looking.

Very nice! What are the shreds on top of the bars? (Yes, I am a newbie, so please forgive the question if it is stupid.)

Great job! How did you do the outer ring, or is that just the way the soap cured? (hope the question makes sense, just got up and working on that first cup of coffee)

Thank you!
It is just the way the soap cured, I guess it has to do with the grapeseeds discolorating more in the inside of the loaf.

The rind of darker color may disappear over time as the soap cures fully. In my experience with soap that looks like this, the inner, lighter color usually darkens to match the rind as time goes on.

Back